PDA

View Full Version : How do i go about selling my boat

TIM-DONSELAAR
06-11-2006, 12:31 AM
I purchased my 4.1 poly open boat around 4 months ago as a brand new boat,motor,trailer,rego package...Im pretty happy with the boat but i would like to upgrade in a couple of months to a 4.1 poly side console with a 50hp 4 stroke and a minn kota bow mount.I was thinking about trading in my boat from where i purchased it but now im considering selling it privately,I have never sold a boat before so i was wondering what i have to do to sell it...Is there transfer papers that i need to get to transfer the boat into the new owners name,and also what do i have to do about the warranty on the boat,motor,trailer do i need any transfer forms for that..I really have no idea :-[

any help will be great..

cheers tim :)

Blackened
06-11-2006, 06:30 AM
G'day Tim
Transfer papers for the boat and trailer rego you can obtain from queensland transport. I'm unsure about warranty, but will be worth giving polycraft and the outboard dealer a call direct.

As for advertising, start with ausfish boards... (wasn't there someone after a 4.1 poly in the wanted section)

Trading post is always good, and boatpoint would be worth a shot.

Dave

griz066
06-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Ebay is also very good but there are costs involved with it 8-)

steveg1100
06-11-2006, 10:32 AM
I think if you are selling cheap trading post and ebay are the go if you are asking close to new price boatpoint.

hussy
06-11-2006, 11:12 AM
why dont you sell via ausfish for sale section, seems to sell boats regularly, also you can print transfer forms from queensland transport website. hubby

dogsbody
06-11-2006, 04:48 PM
G day
you will get more $$ for it selling it privately as well. If ya trade it they will knock ya down on price so they can make a buck on it. Good luck.

Dave.

lippa
06-11-2006, 07:33 PM
i've had the most sucsess with the local paper, northern times ect.

cheers

lippa

Seahorse
06-11-2006, 08:06 PM
i sold my boat on here. definately worth a shot. put a pic up.

TIM-DONSELAAR
07-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the advice guys...I will post it up in the FOR SALE section when im ready to sell it (first im going to get the 10 hour service done on the motor) then maybe another SP session or two.

cheers tim #:D