PDA

View Full Version : How do I safely....

FNQCairns
07-11-2006, 04:56 PM
dump several thousand dollars into another Average Joes bank account for a near new outboard motor and ensure (feel confident) that it does get transported or even sent?
The law is a crock -no protection there for commoners.

Not conserned about condition etc simply I get the motor I paid for, hate dumping money down without walking away with the goods straight away.

any help appreciated, engine is 4K km away.

thanks fnq

Duyz72
07-11-2006, 05:16 PM
You can always use an escrow agency, law firm or other method to ensure payment is not made until goods are delivered and signed for.

Of course a fee is payable on top but at least you know someone hasn't got all your cash without anything to show for it.

blaze
07-11-2006, 05:16 PM
first remember the helm unit that was in good condition. Then maybe finder a type of idependent broker type person (paid for by you ) to complete the deal and hand over the hard earned $.
hope it works out for you.
cheers
blaze

capt
07-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Lots of things to consider here Scott ,sight unseen .... :-/ Ahh not real good . Maybe an Ausfisher might live nearby and check it out for you . Cheers Jimmy

saurian
07-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Spade is a spade.
4 km is not far to go if you have to.
Take a large mate if you are not and politely explain that you will take the
so said law into salvage rights.
Possession in 9/10 ths of the law.
Nick the motor and let him prove it is his.
Works for crims why not us...??????

Spaniard_King
07-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Spade is a spade.
4 km is not far to go if you have to.
Take a large mate if you are not and politely explain that you will take the
so said law into salvage rights.
Possession in 9/10 ths of the law.
Nick the motor and let him prove it is his.
Works for crims why not us...??????

LOL... he actually said 4000klm ;D ;D ;D ;D

FNQ best Idea is to find someone you know with a relative who lives in the area.. give them the $$ to hand over when the motor is ready to be shipped... best I can come up with

Garry

saurian
07-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Spaniard lol is on me ....

FNQCairns
07-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Capt, I have a mate who would go look at it I suspect, if I ask so condition is fairly well covered although I dont think he would handle the motor - too heavy and he is a fairly urban bloke so anything that amounts to sweating is out ::) So he wouldn't take it with him.
(Capt will get that direct deposit done tonight hopefully - been sidetracked)

Blaze it's tatooed on my forehead backwards :)

Duyz72 Escrow could work but not a net based one as he (I think he is not net savy) need to look into that some more even just for the future needs if I let this engine go.

Think I will take saurians advice ;D

Thanks Garry it might be the only good option.

thanks fnq