PDA

View Full Version : What's the most popular material used in Recreatio

Kopey
08-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Just another thought I had for the boating section:

What material would most suit your needs/go for in a boat?

Might be a bit difficult to decide I spose between Glass and Alumin if you have one of those Savage boats with Glass top and Alumin bottom I spose.

I like the glassy's myself, I spose it's nice to have a boat you don't mind if it runs up rocks though.

davez104
08-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Only owned 3 boats, 2 tinnies and one glass. I like the quietness and smoothness of a glass hull. The glass boat I have now is not really suited to impoundment fishing so another boat will eventually find its way into my yard. I reckon something like an old Haines v146 made into a side console with a 90/100 horses would make a pretty awesome bass/barra boat. Hmmmm, off to boatpoint we go ;)

Dave.

Reef_fisher
08-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey Kopey, while I don't deliberately bang my boat into anything, I like the tuffness of ali. I used to work with glass in the military and can't stand the stuff. Sorry if that offends anyone but I couldn't stand having to repair the stuff ever again. A few scratches on ali gives character, on glass, more money to fork out, and the minister for war and finance already thinks I spend too much on "hobby". ;D ;D

davez104
09-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Just keeping this up the top abit. Surely there are some timber boat owners out there, and I KNOW there is more than one fanatical wheelie bin owner on Ausfish. Come on guys where are you all??

Dave.