PDA

View Full Version : is the boat suited

gitto
26-11-2006, 12:12 PM
G'day i'm a new member just brougth me first boat earlier this year a 4.2mtr quintrex estruary angler with 40hp merc. i usually fish the pumicestone passage but i'm keen to venture into the bay. my question is , is the boat siuted to get to moreton island and fish the bay also. hers some pics to give you an idea of the tinnie any feeedback would be handy for a keen and interested fella.

gitto!

gitto
26-11-2006, 12:19 PM
pic 2

StevenM
26-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Need to pick your days gitto

that ice skating rink that you see in the morning can be a very very scary washing machine by the arvo

experience will tell you after a while when its time to go home....esp if you notice that the wind has stopped or dropped, usually swinging around

7dan7
26-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi Gitto

just sold a boat similar to that one, because of the ride, dont get me wrong they are a nice safe little boat but in the bay anything over 10knts can really make the trip uncomfortable. like any boat you have to drive to the conditions but because it is small and you sit right on the bow and the bay produces short sharp swells then real slow is the best way to go when it gets over 10knts.(or wear a kidney belt)
best to take your boat out in 15knts and see what it is like(obviously dont go to far and use common sense) also learn how much fuel it uses and make sure you have enough and more than enough because usually the conditions are worse on the way back

hope it helps

only my opinion

cheers dan

marshy
26-11-2006, 01:04 PM
You would need to watch the weather closely. I have seen plenty of boats like yours cross the bay but if it blows up you would have a really slow & wet trip home.
cheers

Marshy :)

wessel
26-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, what did that propeller have for lunch?

Wessel

gitto
27-11-2006, 06:44 PM
thanks for the info men much appreciated. 8-)

looks like i need to learn a bit and have a couple of trips out with wind being the main factor first.

the answer to your question wessel is them photos were taken the day i picked it up and not noing to much aboat boats i was hopin you mite have some idea . doesn't matter to much cause i've learnt the hard way about goin places you shopuldn't the prop is being replaced at the moment.

Reef_fisher
27-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Looks like the deckie is keen as mustard. ;)

lippa
27-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, what did that propeller have for lunch?

Wessel

thats a crack up!