PDA

View Full Version : Pimped boat too low for the bay?

Sea-Dog
26-11-2006, 03:46 PM
I have my eye on a SeaRay 17 foot bow rider.

It looks like a Rolls Royce inside compared to a typical fishing boat.

I just sort of doubt it would handle anything approaching a bit of slop on the bay. :-/

I also wonder if I would allow any slimy fish or crab pots in the new toy. :-[

And the kids would either have to be bound hand and foot, or at least wear gloves and slippers to get on the boat.

Here is a sample pic of the... ummm... of the....errr...... Oh yeah...... the boat.
And yes, I am expecting some comments about the scenery. :)

Opinions - enough freeboard for the bay or not ?

Also is bow high enough to climb over modest chop without digging its nose in?

Cheers, Sea-Dog

Stubbie_Holder
26-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Boat? What boat?

Chimo
26-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Hey Sea Dog

1 Keep the boss happy if thats her in the photo, she looks as if she likes it, and buy the boat. If that isn't the boss don't for goodnes sake show her the photo ;)
2 Fit the front cover when in chop, use the trim tabs / tilt and keep the nose up.
3 Unclip the carpet on the bloody days and leave it home.
4 Work out how your going to anchor the thing, and where you going to stow the anchor.
5 Go fishing with other Ausfishers in their boats
6 Above all, keep the boss happy ::)

Cheers

Chimo

dcoop
26-11-2006, 04:35 PM
would love to see the topless model

Kiktz
26-11-2006, 07:37 PM
<<< what Hp are on that twin engine outfit..............

Chimo, Pmsl at your first point

Aj

a_big_red_1
26-11-2006, 08:03 PM
LOL what a pisser the skipper is

if the boat came with a deckie like that, can you get me two ;D

Daz

PinHead
26-11-2006, 08:22 PM
take the kids...they don't dirty easily and if they do...simple to wipe clean.(the boat that is )

see what the missus thinks first...she might enjoy it.

as for the deckie in the pic...just some american model...believe me, they don't come with the boat.

Sea-Dog
26-11-2006, 09:49 PM
But is the boat sufficient for Moreton Bay?

Or should I just get a tinnie half cab as I have planned?

It just means I won't have my nose in the air, and I can wear my old rough clothes rather than my captains hat and my spiffy white uniform. ::)

- Admiral Sea-Dog

PADDLES
27-11-2006, 11:28 AM
the old searay looks a bit low for up the top end of the bay sea dog, probably be ok down the southern end in the more sheltered bits. why not compromise with the missus and get a bowrider with a bit more seaworthy hull. we went for a signature 550 bowrider so it's got a bit better hull for the open water, cruisecraft make a top open water bowrider as well. my one didn't come with a deckie like that searay though ........ boo hoo :'( probably just as well, wifey would have bashed me if it did 8-)

Sea-Dog
27-11-2006, 05:12 PM
OK, now that I've talked myself out of the SeaRay :'( , I'll give the details for someone who is after this sort of thing.

It has only 3 hours on the motor, purchased new in October 2006.

Apparently the bloke bought it without the approval of the minister of finance :o , and she is forcing the sale. :(

The new price of these is approx 33K without options.

This one has carpet, GPS/Sounder combo, and Bimini fitted.

It is going with balance of new warranties for the princely sum of $26,000 :)

http://www.australiawide.com/ed.htm?de=18089&PHPSESSID=1caa33f249758fd3bcddfd70a77a5e1e

A bl@@dy bargain from my perspective.

Of course, I wouldn't have released the details if I was still interested.

But Damn, its a nice ride. 8-)

Anyone into cruising the broadwater?

Me, I'll be buying a grotty old fishos boat - No worries about scratches from bringing up crab pots or blood 'n guts on the floor.

Sadly yours, Sea-Dog

Chimo
27-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi Sea-Dog

All is not lost. Your boat is on the Gold Coast!!! ::)

Had to get a gas cyclinder tested , stamped and refilled and tucked away lo and behold, found your boat for you and maybe for me, when I get old enough to go pimping. ;)

This thing is Aussi so its width towable, weights 1500kg plus.
They carry it on a heavy duty single axle trailer, it ought to be on a tandem axle thing but they reckon the singles easier to get into shows etc.

Its 24ft long and does 40 kn with a 150HP. max 200HP 130 lt fuel tank

The front section, with a platform instead of the seat cushions, becomes a casting platform and you still have your sink, gas cooker bbq etc in midships

I'm going for a run in the next couple of weeks, hopefully they'll have one of those like yours had; as long as its not a blow up one. ;D 8-)

Cheers

Chimo (Whose looking out for you baby!!!????????????????) :P :P 8-)

Chimo
27-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Hi Sea-Dog
rear view etc

Cheers

Chimo

PinHead
27-11-2006, 06:34 PM
OK, now that I've talked myself out of the SeaRay #:'( , I'll give the details for someone who is after this sort of thing.

It has only 3 hours on the motor, purchased new in October 2006.

Apparently the bloke bought it without the approval of the minister of finance #:o , and she is forcing the sale. #:(

The new price of these is approx 33K without options.

This one has carpet, GPS/Sounder combo, and Bimini fitted.

It is going with balance of new warranties for the princely sum of $26,000 #:)

http://www.australiawide.com/ed.htm?de=18089&PHPSESSID=1caa33f249758fd3bcddfd70a77a5e1e

A bl@@dy bargain from my perspective.

Of course, I wouldn't have released the details if I was still interested.

But Damn, its a nice ride. #8-)

Anyone into cruising the broadwater?
Me, I'll be buying a grotty old fishos boat - No worries about scratches from bringing up crab pots or blood 'n guts on the floor.

Sadly yours, Sea-Dog

Nothing wrong with just going fora cruise and dropping the pick somewhere and just sitting back and watching the world go by...believe me..some of the scenery on that world going by is certainly rather nice.

Chimo
27-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Hear hear to the odd cruise between fishing trips.

Chimo

PS Greg, sorry I didn't realize you were in such trouble when I left you on Sat. You should maybe get one of those anchor retriever rings and a float so you don't have to wind that nasty anchor up by hand next time ;)

PinHead
27-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Pete..it came up no problems after u left..we went and anchored up near Jacobs Well...it went down ok...did not start again..bloody circuit breakers..I needed a bit of weight training...LOL

Chimo
28-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi PinHead

Forget the circuit breakers, get one of these instead! :) #
http://www.aquamajestic.com/aquamajestic.htm

Chimo

PS maybe a tender for TMD

Sea-Dog
28-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Chimo - if it wasn't marketed here, I'd say - Only in America. :-?

PinHead
28-11-2006, 07:14 PM
geez Pete...it only has a porta pottie..how primitive.

I do have a zodiac for on the back..just never seen any need to hang it on there.

Chimo
29-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi PinHead

Did you get to this: http://www.aquamajestic.com/southbeach.htm , now his could be the tender if not for TMD but for the next one ;)

Cheers

Chimo