PDA

View Full Version : Mercruiser Trim Guage

Homer_Jay
29-11-2006, 07:15 AM
The trim guage on my Mercruiser doesnt seem to work. As it is a sterndrive and you cant see where the leg is it would be real nice to get it going again. Question is what is the best way to trouble shoot the problem so I can isolate it to the guage or the sender?

Aaron

gilbo
29-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Homer_jay - I have the same problem with mine and from everyone I have spoken to I have been told not to worry about them and that they are/were more trouble than they are worth.

From all I have been told it will most likely be the sender units as these were fairly unreliable.

I agree it would be handy to know and if you find a good easy solution to getting htem working again then I might follow suit.

Cheers

Shane

Homer_Jay
29-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Shane,
I have been in contact with BM (Nick) and he has given me a few points to look for to sort out what the problem is so I will have a go at it one day when i have nothing better to do. From what he says its probably best not to worry too much about it as you say. But hey.... I cant have a perfect boat, I need something to be working on when im not on the water..... ;D

BM, once again thanks for your help. Without people like you these sites wouldnt be a success like they are.

Cheers

gilbo
29-11-2006, 06:28 PM
No problems homer - when you get yours workign you can come and have a look at mine ;)

Agreed - BM has been great for advice over the last couple of months, just a pity he isn't located up here