PDA

View Full Version : Stabicraft Boats- any one got one?

ribbit
21-11-2006, 07:06 AM
I had a good look at the 589 and 609 hardtops a couple days ago. Awesome looking rig, plate glass widows with wiper, very solid build. I can see my self in one and even the wife liked it. Just got to get the $65-70k to buy it now.
Anyone who has fished in one please give feedback
Ride. Is it as soft as they say?
Stability, Is it as flat as rest as they say?
And they reckon I don't need big power plant to run them.

seatime
23-11-2006, 07:51 AM
no replies?

maybe not the 589, 609 models, but there are members with Stabi's.

any feedback for fishability?

Hook_In
29-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Gday Boys,
My Old Man Used to run a Stabi Off the south island of new zealand....
I Dunno if you ve ever fished that kind of water but it gets pretty big and that 5-6m boat was one of the safest feeling boats ive ever been in . If I could afford one id get one for sure. Stable, Dry Reasonably soft ride ( plate boat) love em cant get enough of em wanna boof em.

Buy and enjoy....
P.S I Dont work for Stabicraft..

hogesTS
29-11-2006, 09:07 PM
My mate has one up here and we fished around the cape around this time last year, very impressive rig! His is a sports cab i think its called, 589 if i remember rightly, with a 140 johno 4s. Cant really comment on how it handles a good sea as it was the doldrums when we went out, so everywhere was mirror flat, but seems like it is built well and should be a good ride in the slop. Was good fishing 3 up all day, very stable at rest, plenty of room in the cockpit and lots of storage for all the bits and pieces.

Would be a good family boat, nice big cabin for the kids, big high gunnels, walkthrough transom (not sure if thats standard or not..?) and very dry underway.

indy
29-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Pm vertico he has one

vertico
29-11-2006, 09:34 PM
ive got one :)
its a great boat
pm me any questions
seano

Grey_Ghost
29-11-2006, 10:05 PM
My old man also had one in the southisland of NZ
Best small boat every to be built for deep sea fishing and diving

Cheers chris

gogecko
30-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Nugget has one. He loves talking about it, PM him.