PDA

View Full Version : Skippers chairs

FNQCairns
01-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Anyone got any recommendations from users? I am looking to spend up to $200.00 max-hopefully! but the array on offer is large and I would probably just end up guessing how comfortable one is against the other and be disappointed.

Leaning toward the fold down type but I like the looks of the others too, I am pretty tall and heavy 100kg+ if that helps (big arse).

Any ideas?

thanks fnq

Chimo
01-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi FNQ

Plenty of stuff around and I don't know how soft your boat is but I just posted to Sturt re his suspension seat so this site was still in my copy edit spot so fyi too

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2006/11/27/sit-posture.html

Having gone the "wedge" seat style there is no way I will go back to the old flat seat that wasn't helping my back particularly when travelling at speed in my Vag at sea.

With the foam wedge seat yoiu just drop it on top of any old wide flat seat and you seem to get a bit of suspension (due to the foam) and your back is at the right angle and you feet take some of the load which also helps.

Sorry about drifting off you direct question, hope its of some interest.

Cheers
Chimo

Roughasguts
01-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Woo Hoo thanks Chimo,
That link is going straight to me boss next time he chips me about leaning back with me feet on me desk.

Not tacking chances with deep vein thrombosis is wearing a little thin with him.

FNQCairns
02-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks Chimo that's an interesting read. I prefer to recline, leaning post is a good option although it leaves enough room for deckies to crowd the controls, might just suck it and see with no chair for a while and find out how standing works on this boat.

cheers fnq