PDA

View Full Version : 4.5m plate alloy boat options ???

420topender
01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
hey guys, iv just sold my old boat recently, so now im in the market for a new plate boat, im chasing 4.5m tiller steer config, currently looking into fishers and amm's , just looked at riptide aswell through a reccomendation of a friend. Any other options out there??? i really want to invest a bit of time and research into my next boat, i want to get it right ;).
anyone own a platey around 4.5m that can give me more advise , any help is much appreciated .

cheers Beau. :)

dej
01-12-2006, 09:13 PM
just bought a Blue fin 4.5 plate, it's the goods , handles the rough stuff well and #was a good price , just another option ;D
Fisher boats sent me a cd with there range on it, there tiller boats look awsome, specially the 5mtr call wild thing i think , exellent lay out.

Blackened
01-12-2006, 11:09 PM
G'day
Just a quick note...... the fishers are brilliant, and i think the amm's in that size are called moreton masters?

turtleshead.... If you're referring to the bluefin warrior, you will find they're not a true plat boat, merely plate sided. The bottom sheets and internals are still constructed like a normal tinnie. Still a very nice rig for the $$ though

Dave

Toby
02-12-2006, 06:37 AM
I have looked at 100's of boats from 4.3-4.8 long(as im buying a new one atm). WIthout a doubt the strongest and one of the best shaped hulls is the Clark abalone boat. 3mm sides and bottom. I have never seen a more rigid and well thought out boat. I didn't end up buying one as there was a 10week wait to get one.

I bought a 4.55seajay instead. But check out the clark abalone. Its got more welds at the transom than most boats do for the whole thing.+ you can order underfloor fuel tanks for them when you buy it.

peterreb
02-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Beau, have alock at the TABS, I have a 5.35 Terriotory Pro C/C. They make the smaller boats in true plate.
Cheers Peter :'(

riverrat
02-12-2006, 12:31 PM
have you thought about a 455 Polycraft.....a lot cheaper that the seajay, tougher, more included options. certainly a better ride over any 450 ally

bluefin59
02-12-2006, 01:27 PM
I have a 4.5 bluefin predator its a side console model bluefin also do a tiller steer version called the warrior i have had my predator for just over 2 yrs and done over300 hrs in it without a problem it has been every where of shore the goldy ;mooloolaba,all over the bay and it has bought me home in some dead set crap conditions dont get me wrong the A.M.M is a great boat but with the money i saved i bought a top line sounder and bow mount and still had change i got mine from theo at MrTs tinnies down clevland way ....have a good look because what bluefin do as standard others do as extras have a look at the bluefin web site but most importantly go and have a look in the flesh [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

420topender
03-12-2006, 08:01 AM
thanks for your help guys. i looked into the bluefin warrior's some time ago and had my heart set on getting one, however just recently this year they changed the internal layout of them. they have added a dirty big chunk of casting deck at the rear, just foward of where the rear cast deck used to be, its filled with flotation to meet the new law requirements, it used up alot more of the workable floor space. they no longer make the old warrior. i spoke lots with theo from mrT. i could have got a warrior on trailer for around 10K, whith no o/b. but blackened your right their not a true plate boat just plate side, they are a good solid boat though. i woulkd consider one if i could fing a good "old" model 2nd hand one. the amm's and fishers 4.5 are both going to cost me roughly 16,500K on a trailer no o/b. the thing that attrackts me to the real plate boats is the self draining deck, easy to keep clean, strong floor, no floor board s holding water and roting. Petreb. iv looked athe the tabs range,was impressed with them but again, no ally floor, they use carpeted floor boards.

looked at a pollycraft 4.55 also, i just dont know!! it wasnt very beamy, 1.99 beam it was, it was cheap though at only $6700 with centre console and under floor tank. i could afford one of them on a trailer and a brand new yam 60 4 strk no worries :D I put my name down with the sales people to go for a ride in one i was curious to see what they were like.

thanks for all your help guys, if anyone else has info feel free to let me know, cheers beau.

barramonkey
03-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Beau, Ive had a TABS 455 tiller steer for 2 years now TOUGH AS BLOODY STEEL (T.A.B.S ) Check them out before u by anything

way_out_bush
03-12-2006, 06:20 PM
I would also get a quote from gs marine. They are based in darwin but i believe they now have a dealer at the gold cost. I brought mine from rockhampton and i am very happy with it. Regards, mick

plat-a-puss
03-12-2006, 08:13 PM
fisher boats are strong and well built , i have actually fished out of the boat (wildthing) 5mt tiller and a 140 suzuki behind it , awsome gs marine have a great boat to ,i have seen there workshop and they can modify the boat to what ever u want