PDA

View Full Version : $200 fee to use Gold Coast ramps .

Hagar
22-11-2006, 06:24 PM
For you out of towners that is . Cause you use our boat ramps and pollute our waterways according to councillor and mayoral aspirant Cr. Rob Molhoek as reported in today's Gold Coast Bulletin >:( . He proposes charging you two hundred bucks a year for the priveledge of using our ramps if you are from out of town . Free for city ratepayers ;D ;D . What idiot dreamed up this one ? And that's just for you out of towners - hate to think what he has in mind for anyone from out of the State !

StevenM
22-11-2006, 06:46 PM
And they will police that how????

what a wally (appologies for those of you born wally)

PinHead
22-11-2006, 07:57 PM
they would have to pay someone to be at every ramp and check ID..rates notices and licenses to check...would cost more to pay the wages.

Sniper
22-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Doesn't out registrations pay for maintaining boat ramps? 95% of the boating traffic would come from locals anyway. Typical Clown Schools. NFI!!!!!
Billyboy

visarend
22-11-2006, 08:44 PM
In South Africa "Molhoek" translates to "mole hook". He must be busy with some sort of underground activity, probably trying to hook something big >:(.

I think Brisbanes "Can do Man" should hit back with some toll gates on the Pacific Moterway ;)

Chimo
22-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Charging the out of towners only is not a good idea so it has been suggested to them that some of us locals like me and other volunteers would also like to pay for ramp car park use and for our money get secure, safe parking during both day and nite.

Chimo

dogsbody
22-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Another fantastic idea by councillor WAYNE CARR.
How bout we charge boaties per nautical mile travelled as well!

IDIOTS.

Dave.

seabug
22-11-2006, 09:55 PM
"How bout we charge boaties per nautical mile travelled as well!"

OH B*@#&*R :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Colorado town approves first U.S. carbon tax - Nov. 9, 2006Boulder, Colo., will charge residents and businesses the carbon tax based on ... That would bring motor fuel prices up closer to prices paid in Europe and ...
money.cnn.com/2006/11/09/news/economy/bc.environment.carbon.tax.reut/index.htm?postversion=2006110919 - 34k - Cached - Similar pages

Regards
Seabug

seabug
22-11-2006, 10:10 PM
If the $200 fee starts to look like a reality then a threatened boycott of all related businesses in area might let the Wally feel the heat.
Lots of $$$ to be made from those "Outsiders"
Regards
Seabug

marlinqld
23-11-2006, 05:13 AM
What a d!ckhead............... they police it how????????????

How can they legally charge for soemthing everyone has already paid for in taxes rates and rego charges?

Idiot pollies...... living in fantasy land

Mike

PADDLES
23-11-2006, 07:19 AM
"mayoral aspirant" hey??? sounds like he's pretty good at flappin' his lips before turnin' his brain on. what a top fella for the job :o

SgBFish
23-11-2006, 09:42 AM
I thought tourism was the main industry on the GC and this wants to charge tourists more to go to the Coast.

Now that's a brain explosion. ;)

DaMaGe
23-11-2006, 10:23 AM
ewww $200 Oh well, means more launching at the preferred Moreton Bay then the Spit. I am for boycott, $200.00 a year is stoopid.. I would say, pay maybe up to $5 to launch and park per visit, as long as it was secure.

Hagar
23-11-2006, 05:58 PM
This guy is also apparently on the Council's finance committee - which makes some sense now . Only a bean counter would think like this . It's what some pollies do also - put the idea out there and then gauge the reaction to see if it's a vote winner . Coulda told him which way this one would go [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif].

Chris

Seahorse
23-11-2006, 06:13 PM
probably just shoot his own people in the foot. no outatowners equals no fuel purchases from local servos, no bait purchases from local bait shops plus all the other goodies that the good old fisho buys, drinks food etc.
he must have been having a boring day at work. what a trucking idiot.

greg

Kendall249
23-11-2006, 10:30 PM
What a d!ckhead............... they police it how????????????

How can they legally charge for soemthing everyone has already paid for in taxes rates and rego charges?

Idiot pollies...... living in fantasy land

Mike

couldn't say it better

KGW2
24-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Wouldnt want to live down there with the druggies and crooks anyway. Might stand on a syringe while launching :o The place has gone to the dogs.. :-/
You Queenslanders are very lucky anyway... In Melbourne you will pay a minimum of $6 and max about $12 PER LAUNCH at most ramps.

Chimo
24-11-2006, 11:07 AM
KGW2

You at least get security for you car and trailer if there someone there to take the money. #

It surely must keep the tea leafs at bay. #Probably wouldn't be so bad instead of having to replace broken locks and windows and to have panel beating and spray painting done too.

With some luck and thanks to Gold Coast City Council we look like getting a few more security cameras put into position around some of the Gold Coast boat ramp parking areas. GCCC apparently has responsibility for the car parks and the state govt the actual ramps even if council does build a few for them.

Cameras should make it a lot less attractive for our local tealeafs so good on you Gold Coast Council if the cameras go in.

Chimo

marlinqld
24-11-2006, 11:33 AM
KGW2

I saw that last night watching River to reef fishing show on Briz31 last night.

They have a segment called Ramp Review

Last night it was on the altona ramp in Melbourne. Even showed a close up of the sign stating ramp fees were $12 per 24 hour period.

What a rip off. You pay rates and rego charges through the nose and they still rip you off 12 bucks a go

Mike

gawby
24-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Maybe if this wally was to go down to the Grand Hotel boat ramp and have a look at the illegally parked vehicles in the boat parking he would then see a fortune to be made in parking tickets. :o :o :o :o
Nah, this is to easy.

Graeme ;)

Reef_fisher
27-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Wonder whether he has thought of the beach launch crowd ;D ;D

roydsy
27-11-2006, 02:32 PM
I thought tourism was the main industry on the GC and this wants to charge tourists more to go to the Coast.

Now that's a brain explosion. ;)

Just like they were also considering changing access to the beach and make everyone pay to use. This was someones brain explosion until someone with half a brain realised that Tourism is what the Gold Coast was built on and still depends on...thankfully

vtrfirestorm
27-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Looks like this won't get approved. Instead are to install parking meters at the ramps and charge $20 to park.

No so bad when you consider the cost of fuel, bait and running costs are much greater. It already costs around $100 per fish to catch them yourself so another $20 is reasonable.

cheers pete the comic

Chimo
27-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey Pete the comic

I have never heard such rubbish. >:(

You are totally off the mark with your idiotic comment. :P

My wife says my fish cost thousands of dollars a kilo ;)

Cheers

Chimo

saurian
27-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Kgw2 , where do you pay ??
At a marina ???
Public ramps are just as it sounds.
Tell this mayor/ceo or whatever he is to get phucked...

goldfish
27-11-2006, 11:18 PM
this $200 boat ramp fee probally shouldn't be laughed at. i have a 30ft cruiser that i used to leave at anchor around the coast i also spend about $5000+ pa in local busness (bait fuel food drinks ect) plus the friends i bring down & the money they spend. yes we are from out of town but the fines we have been getting for leaving our boat sth of the seaway for more than 7 days out of ane 90 days & nth of the seaway for more that 7 days in a row, has made us move to vic point. (we can anchor there as long as we want) i hope vic point busness enjoy our money more than the GC. it seems to me that the gold coast was built on torisum but now they seem to be turning it away. its a pitty it is such a beutiful place & should be looked after but every one should be able to use & see it.

PinHead
28-11-2006, 04:28 AM
this $200 boat ramp fee probally shouldn't be laughed at. i have a 30ft cruiser that i used to leave at anchor around the coast i also spend about $5000+ pa in local busness (bait fuel food drinks ect) plus the friends i bring down & the money they spend. yes we are from out of town but the fines we have been getting for leaving our boat sth of the seaway for more than 7 days out of ane 90 days & nth of the seaway for more that 7 days in a row, has made us move to vic point. (we can anchor there as long as we want) i hope vic point busness enjoy our money more than the GC. it seems to me that the gold coast was built on torisum but now they seem to be turning it away. its a pitty it is such a beutiful place & should be looked after but every one should be able to use & see it.

If you read this:
http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/M/MarinePMBZnP97.pdf

you can only anchor for 120 days in any year

so..you may get fined again.

roydsy
28-11-2006, 11:18 AM
crazy world we live in aint it...... taxes, tariffs, fines etc on just about everything. We pay to get an education so we can get a job to pay more taxes, then when we need some recreation they tax us again because we should be at work paying more cents in the dollar. and if we deviate from the norm bring on some fines, but wait there is more, if you want to enjoy your recreation during popular times bring on tariffs.

I think we all pay enough to breathe at the moment, further taxes/tariffs/fines is not just.

lol okay yes, an over simplification but you know it sucks.

KGW3
08-12-2006, 01:00 PM
This is from KGW3 (aka KGW2) To answer Saurian.. At some "public" ramps in Melbourne (Werribee) you pay a heavy-set man who is a coast guard and he works there for free to keep the council rich. Also known in Ireland as an "furken ijutt" Other ramps have a meter where you put your hard-earned into so that you actually pay for the vandaliism and theft rather than getting it for free.
Some are free.. like Limburners Point at Geelong. It has pontoons, boat washing and toilets.. Just depends on how GREEDY the local shire is.
Thats one reason why this little black duck moved out of Mexico..
One-off boat licence fee .. No offshore fishing licence.. no ramp charges.. and free secks... oops... no sorry... thats not really free is it?
And the folks are a bit "slower' up here #so I can take advantage of them.

[smiley=earmuffs.gif] only joshin...

walruss
08-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Chimo - security you have got to be kidding.

Hastings is a meter where you pay $10 to launch. No one present, and as open as you would want. Couldn'tr be better to have something nicked.

Carrum - $10 bucks to launch. One road in. Security also non existent. you could drive your car in hook up a trailer and drive out again and no one would look twice. Walking tracks all around for all the liuttle thieves to avail themselves of an easy approach.

Russ

INDULGENCE
08-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Lets call him Blonde and not degrade all us Wally's

Can I share this with you.
Our local mayor has stated that if they put training /seawalls on the entrance to Tuggerah Lakes it would place the lake side suburbs of Berkeley Vale and Chittaway Point under 8ft of seawater.The tide very nearly doesnt run into the lake now even on the highs we have had this week.
He happens to live lakeside in amongst the smelly weed and rubbish that would be flushed out if a permanent opening was maintained.
Even us wally's arnt that dumb.

Wally

Chimo
08-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi All

Re GCCC cameras at ramp carparks.

They got back to me and advised that they looked at installing cameras and have decided not to.

So much for that. Maybe the marinas are the way to go after all :(
End of story once more. .

Chimo

maztez
08-12-2006, 03:37 PM
The whole Gold Coast council is off its tree .I have lived here on and off since the early 50's and can assure you that the GC aint like it used to be .The population explosion has bought with it the usual crims druggos dolies etc and none of the councils have had the ability or foresight to plan for this dramatic increase. I spose you should expect this when wankers are elected .
cheers Terry

rick_k
09-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Are gold coast still taking treated fresh water from Brisbane?

OISTA
10-12-2006, 08:46 PM
For you out of towners that is . Cause you use our boat ramps and pollute our waterways according to councillor and mayoral aspirant Cr. Rob Molhoek as reported in today's Gold Coast Bulletin >:( . He proposes charging you two hundred bucks a year for the priveledge of using our ramps if you are from out of town . Free for city ratepayers ;D ;D . What idiot dreamed up this one ? And that's just for you out of towners - hate to think what he has in mind for anyone from out of the State !

Thats fine. Beach launch from the middle of Surfers for me then. :-[

el_pescador
10-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Councils are absolutely useless, corrupt & a waste of money. Too many tiers of governement in this country & all full of idiots.

Now if you was a property developer prepared to make a generous donation to councillors election campaign I am sure the $200 would be waived & you would get a 4 lane highway from your house to the ramp as well.

Chimo
12-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi Loosebox

I spoke to GCCC officers in the last few weeks who chased up the camera thing and they got to me later and said it was investigated and was not going to happen.

Who did you get the info from that said they would do it?

Cheers

Chimo