PDA

View Full Version : User Friendly Boat Ramps (Gold Coast Area)

boat_1
12-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Can someone please advise me on the locations of some good boat ramps down the coast, as there will be only the missus & kids to help launch the boat. We are staying near Miami, but would be willing to travel as far as Labrador or the Tweed area. Are there any similer to Colmslie or Deep Water Bend. I would like to venture to some of the reefs, but as i have had no experience in this area it may be safer in the broadwater area etc.

TIA

Andrew. ;D ;D

bootyinblue
12-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Mate,

Cant knock the ramp underneath the Southport bridge at the entrance to Seaworld Drive I think it is. 2 lane ramp, enough parking, public toilets and a huge long floating pontoon that your other half can hold the boat against while you park up and then easy in and out for the kids...

aussiefool
13-12-2006, 02:42 AM
There is a simular set up at Fingle for fishing from the Tweed. But remember if your launching and retreving form the Tweed you WILL need a NSW fishing licence for every one 18+

holy_mackarel
13-12-2006, 10:58 AM
In the broadwater watch out for sand bars they are everywhere NO short cuts!

gogecko
13-12-2006, 03:04 PM
The Southport bridge is good, but the carpark will be full by 6 am. If youre checking out reefs/offshore, use the ramp just past Seaworld next to VMR on Seaworld dve. Much better.

Stay away from Grand Hotel Labrador, its a madhouse.

jim_farrell
13-12-2006, 05:12 PM
The gecko is on the money. Great ramp. Plenty of beach. Plenty of carpark. The grand and the one under the bridge can get busy, therefor pressure and stess for wives and kids. However, when quiet both are great ramps and pontoons.

Jim