PDA

View Full Version : tinny fitout

yamp
10-12-2006, 10:25 PM
thought I would post some a pic of my 4 m hornet trophy a pass on some ideas that work alright for me and hopefully get some idea/pics of other members.The pic show casting deck I have lined it with rubber bar matting to stop banging around.The mat is a boot liner I got from supercheap which I use when cast netting in the mangrove checks it helps keep mud off carpet and then fits under front deck.I also had some sleeve type adaptors made to fit beach umbrellas,sleeve diameter fits into spare seat sockets good for live bait days.Interested to see read other members ideas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

finga64
11-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Tinny fitouts ;D
You've found the home of tinny fitouts here matey :D
Do a search for tinny fitouts and see what pops up.
'Junior' (my tiny tinny) is in dry dock now whilst some mods are done.
That's not too bad. It's been nearly 12 months since the last rehash ;D
I'll bung a couple on new pictures up when it's finished, hopefully, by Tuesday. The weathers looking good for Tuesday...gunna go fishing eh ;D
Have you got other pictures of your tinny??
Oh, before I forget. Welcome to Ausfish matey ;D
Cheers Scott :)

yamp
12-12-2006, 04:59 PM
finga heres another pic of my tinny,tacho hourmeter mounted in gunnel bit hard to read from driving position thought about offsetting it abit with bit of aluminium but its probably not worth the mucking around as you get used to the sound of different revs,next jobs small pocket box below drivers seat where switch panel is .Im going to make it to sit out from switch panel with a cut out in line with switches ,so switch box is protected from things smashing into it,which happened when a big lead weight I use for holding on snags luring slid back after I forgot to store it when pulling boat on to trailer. any tips on carpeting box is it easier to carpet oval cutout or rectangular?

JT
12-12-2006, 07:07 PM
G'day Yamp,

Great idea with the bar matting, I think I need to use that one.

Here is a couple of pics of my 400 Hornet Trophy, I took the step out of the front casting deck and put in a plumbed 100lt livewell. Also added a bilge pump and new switch panel to the console. Since these pics were taken I have added a Lowrance X135 to the front deck with the transducer on the Minn Kota.

If you want any more info or pics, give us a yell.

Cheers

John

JT
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM
First test of the livewell

JT
12-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Finished

griz066
13-12-2006, 10:01 AM
That boot liner is a great idea 8-)

driftr
13-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Nice Live well :D

yamp
13-12-2006, 12:40 PM
nice job jt what motor set have you got, and what performance do you get live well full/empty,when I got my set up from dealer the 40 hp honda cav plate sat below keel line and I wasn,t that happy with the performance so I raised about 10mm above keel line and added a laser foil runs alot better have you got any more pics of boat console etc or during modifications cheers yamp

finga64
13-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Here's some pictures of my little tinny that I did some work to.
This one is the front showing some decks.
The 2 sides open up (to get to the anchor and storage) and rest on the sides of the hull to stay open and the middle panel is like a bi-fold door to get to the fuel tank

finga64
13-12-2006, 05:34 PM
And from the rear looking forward.
The LED deck light is actually about 22 LED's and light up really good ;D
All the knive holders on the RHS come out for easy cleaning as well

finga64
13-12-2006, 05:37 PM
The new spots I just finished for the sounder, gps, some storage, switches and fuses and the VHF radio. This is all closed up.
I wanted the radio pretty well protected from the sun and water but also easy to access.
There's some super bright LEDs in the switch panel and some flashing red LED's to remind me about the nav. lights and the bilge pump going. I always forget those buggers :-/

finga64
13-12-2006, 05:38 PM
And this is open

finga64
13-12-2006, 05:41 PM
The front deck opens up to get to the fuel tank and can be used as a backrest for the cook.
I've made all the opening hatches fairly small so it's all easy to open if not get in the way in doing so.
I wanted all the jackets, spare rope, flares, wet-weather gear, first aid kit all to be fairly protected so they go up under the front deck but are all easily to get to.
It all makes travelling a less of a hassle as everything has it's place and can't blow out. :D

sid_fishes
13-12-2006, 05:45 PM
finga, mate there is a genius inside just trying to get out, that would have to be one of the best fitouts i,ve seen in a long time its a credit to you cheers ian

finga64
13-12-2006, 05:51 PM
finga, mate there is a genius inside just trying to get out, that would have to be one of the best fitouts i,ve seen #in a long time # its a credit to you # cheers # ian
No, not really matey...just boredom gets to me :(

Fat_Chilli
13-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Finga - that's an awesome set up, looks great. Way too much time on your hands. If your that bored I need some electrical work done at my place ;D

kleyny
13-12-2006, 08:47 PM
finga very nice fitout
it looks like you have a bimini on so where do you put your rods in travel

yamp thanks for the tip on the use of the boot liner
have to steal mums when shes not lookin ;D ;D

kleyny

finga64
13-12-2006, 09:28 PM
The bimini lasted 1 trip. It's in under the house now.
Bloody things have too many straps and crap getting in the way of a decent fish.
One rod (complete with alvey ;D) goes in the holder in the transom and there's a couple in the front seat.
In all there's 4 holders, 2 adjustable for angles and rotation.
The first few pictures were when I did it about 12 months ago. A few things have changed now :D
Thanks guys for the replies [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JT
13-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Cheers Yamp, I have a 40HP Merc. Lite. Gets along OK, although she takes a bit of time to get on the plane, 2 up with the full livewell. I found my original post, let me know if you need anything else - http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1149756982/0

Nice job Finga, doesn't it make you fell good when you look it and know you did it yourself :D

Cheers

John

01wombat
14-12-2006, 07:26 AM
That look grate finga ;) Wish i had somthing like that in mine, Verry neat and tidy and all at hand :o. Do you want to do mine ? ;D ;D ;D ;D lol no just kidding but i do like the way you set your self up. what sort of wor do you do? :) :) :)

finga64
14-12-2006, 07:47 AM
JT... yep certainly does matey. Even better when you get old prawns and squid and guts and blood on the floor ;D
I would love a boat like yours matey. I was thinking about selling the big boat and this one and getting a 4m extended Fisher and do pretty well exactly what you have. The cook and I even went up to the Fisher open day and I got approval from the cook...but.....you know the story :P

Wombat...I've retired injured but was a sparky in another life :(