PDA

View Full Version : what sort drop anchor few ft away

wayneoro
09-12-2006, 05:52 AM
from you in recent times have been in the middle of the ocean on a reef not another boat in site along comes another boat who drops anchor right next to me one could have been a pro boat there were 3 stooges standing in line on the deck all with pillies no sinkers in 120ft i'm not talking about when there are a bunch of you on a reef its when the whole ocean is available and they are to lazy ,lacking any self pride or just want to steal your spot both times this has happened i have given them such a gobfull they have moved but now i have a new dig camera i will post a pic when this occurs again :o >:(

finga64
09-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Bit peeved are we Wayne?? >:(
And yep, it is annoying but what can we do??
We just pull anchor and go away for awhile when that happens and hopefully the slugs will go too. Then we sneak back ;D
Can't really stop people pulling up within casting distance as it's apparentely a free world.
Hope the fishing been good for you matey.
Haven't you got the winds up there??

CHRIS_aka_GWH
09-12-2006, 08:12 AM
wayward casting with BIG lead can produce elbow room at times.

Phil-Fishbin
09-12-2006, 08:18 AM
insult them by hauling over heaps of fish. Take your time gaffing larger ones making sure to steer the fish to the side of the boat opposite your slack jawed mates :o :-? :o :-? giving them a good look at your quarry. Take 5mins to shoot a photo making sure the big bugger is held high, laugh loudly ;D :D ;D :D ..dont get bitter >:(,get better :P

dogsbody
09-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Wayne i think i had the owners of that boat sitting next to me at a restaurant fair dinkum this joint was empty me and my girl having a nice meal and this couple walk in with a small child and plonk themselves right at the table beside us i could have just lifted my arm straight out and i would be touching them, bloody joke, we got up and moved. Inconciderate PR!CKS.

Dave.

Brett1907
09-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Ithink Geoff and I had them at one of our fav spots. There is only about 25m of frontage to fish from, we're casting a vavrity of lures and this !@##$^ casts his bait RIGHT OVER BOTH OUR LINES AND LEAVES IT THERE!!! He was fishing baits, not lures.

Felt like gaffing him!!!

But fishing is my de-stress time so I just packed up and left.

Hope he catches a shark and it bites him.

Brett

sunny
09-12-2006, 05:04 PM
You get these folks all over :(

Was on a beach in South Australia, miles from anywhere, not a soul within 20Km when the same couple pulled up no less than 50m away from us on the beach and set up for the day. They were the only other people we saw all day until we got back on the highway :-X

hussy
09-12-2006, 07:39 PM
you get the same fools in the passage they have plenty of places to fish ,but have to fish next to you. when that happens i wait till they get a fish on then cast over the top of them, or let all my old mono out then cut it off, really gives em the shits. ever been fishing off moreton when the dive boats decide to pull up next to you ?,they think they own the water,worse than guides do, i stay put,. bugger them. bob h

manchild
09-12-2006, 08:44 PM
While we at it ,what about people who anchor up in the middle of a narrow channel?Then appear to be upset about my wash?Yes i know the rule about 6 knots and all that but couldnt give a toss with this idiots.
George

sempre
09-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Happens all the time , just anchor up and move on , its all you can do .

Sam...

Spaniard_King
10-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Your kiddin Sam, that just a bit too easy ::) I get out me old slugs and start spinnin got one in the shoulder a while back ;D

Garry

dogsbody
10-12-2006, 03:31 PM
you get the same fools in the passage they have plenty of places to fish ,but have to fish next to you. when that happens i wait till they get a fish on then cast over the top of them, or let all my old mono out then cut it off , really gives em the shits. ever been fishing off moreton when the dive boats decide to pull up next to you ?,they think they own the water,worse than guides do, i stay put,. bugger them. #bob h

Bob Not happy [smiley=angry.gif], ever had mono wraped around your prop or seen a pelican with one leg because of discarded fishing line it won't be the first time a turtle has been tangled up. Think!

Dave.

wayneoro
10-12-2006, 07:38 PM
mate i,m talking couple feet i just never let up with # #gobbed them whole time they were there # #they moved # # not me # # the skip of one boat i found to work at the largest fishing tackle shop in bundy # #so i picked him out for service when hunting hooks he was surly but had to serve me loved it # #mate i think it all comes back to your upbringing # your respect for other people # #your own lack of pride #lack or self respect # #how low will you go to bludge on somebody else lore of men # # you dont kick a man on the ground # #you dont shag a mates missus [ok exceptions for fat arsed blondes] and you dont invade somebodies fishing space (worst offence being the last )

StevenM
10-12-2006, 07:42 PM
wayward casting with BIG lead can produce elbow room at times.

yep works for me to Chris,

Or the need to do a number 2 on their side

Cheers

Steven

OISTA
10-12-2006, 08:06 PM
"Load torpedo tubes 1 and 3."

"Torpedo tubes 1 and 3 loaded SIR."

"Fire tubes 1 and 3 ladies."

"Firing tubes 1 and 3 SIR."

"Good shot ladies, he's going down. Now bring me a beer the captian's got his own torpedo to fire."

"Aye aye SIR."

I wish :P

Heath
10-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Your kiddin Sam, that just a bit too easy ::) I get out me old slugs and start spinnin got one in the shoulder a while back ;D

Garry

PML !!!

I can post a video on how it is done :-?

blaze
10-12-2006, 08:35 PM
seen a glimpse of that one Heath while I was at 1770, mmm no holds bared
cheers
blaze

finga64
11-12-2006, 08:04 AM

Garry

PML !!!

With or without gangs?? ::)

Jeremy
11-12-2006, 08:27 AM
foul mouthed abuse always works for me ;D

Jeremy

johnlikes2fish
11-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Had the same thing I was fishing from a boat casting to a bank on the south end of Nth Straddie we were anchored about 15m from the bank when this complete idiot motors in and anchors up between us and the bank several sinkers whistled into his boat followed by the friendly fishermans greeting of f..k off idiot, they did move but the fish went off the chew for a while, the same thing happens all the time on a beach 20 gutters to choose from but they want to be in your pocket. I usually take my dog to the beach her barking and constant chasing of baits soon has them moving on. A little common sense would go a long way I think.

moondancer
11-12-2006, 08:33 AM
yep works for me to Chris,

Or the need to do a number 2 on their side

Cheers

Steven[/quote]

lol!!!! Now I've heard it all!! This one's a cracker!!!!

wayneoro
12-12-2006, 08:25 AM
good stuff guys maybe we have made a few people who havent given this any thought realize that it is upsetting to have another boat invade ya space sounds like casting distance is the unwritten law ? i hadnt heard of that but it makes sense i guess blokes lore you dont kick a man when he is down [unless he is from nsw] you dont shag ya mates missus and you dont invade someones fishing space

Jeremy
12-12-2006, 08:45 AM
sounds like casting distance is the unwritten law ? #

I don't think generalizations work with this. Just depends on the situation. Some spots like Palm Bch Reef where everyone knows it gets crowded, casting distance might be about right. Some estuary spots like the logs in the Broadwater you could expect less than that at peak time. Similar goes for fishing known spots which are very small like beacons in the bay. Have to expect that others are going to come along and anchor or drift close by.

But if you are the only one (or one of just a few) on a large reef system, then another boat anchoring a cast away (50m) would sh!t you to tears. It does me. In this situation, I reckon you have to give it at least 100m.

Another good one is those boats that come sniffing around you when you are anchored, just to steal your spot. Plenty of other good reef around, but Mr Clueless reckons you must know what you are doing. You might have had a burley trail going for 1-2 hours, and this clown with the motor running and sounder on undoes all your hard work. Then wonders why you are in such a bad foul mouthed mood!

Jeremy

2DKnBJ
12-12-2006, 11:14 PM

Garry

PML !!!

With or without gangs?? ::)

Have to do it with unrigged slugs.If you happen to hook one of them they would cut your line.Then you loose a rigged slug.Least if it is unrigged you can hit them wind back in and have another go.Just to make sure they get the message

Cheers Dazza

PS
Gary/Heath
Just in case i get down the Palmy this summer how far can you pair cast ;D ;D

baldyhead
13-12-2006, 02:09 PM
A shanghi and a pocket full of marbles works wonders for pot stealers and those who fish too close.

bootyinblue
14-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Some pretty funny posts in here. Be a little careful though about casting great lumps of lead at them or their boats. You are easily identifiable on the water by your registration number, could get pretty messy with wilful damage and assault claims.

A wayward cast over their lines which results in tangle heaven on a spare rod you have will normally sort them out, as you just reseat the rod in the rod holder and go back to your primary rod, totally ignoring the carnage you have caused in their boat.

Once they cut you free a friendly smile and wave and wind your line (or whats left of it) in and be on your way....

TonyOW31
15-12-2006, 11:04 AM
sounds like casting distance is the unwritten law ?

I don't think generalizations work with this. Just depends on the situation. Some spots like Palm Bch Reef where everyone knows it gets crowded, casting distance might be about right. Some estuary spots like the logs in the Broadwater you could expect less than that at peak time. Similar goes for fishing known spots which are very small like beacons in the bay. Have to expect that others are going to come along and anchor or drift close by.

But if you are the only one (or one of just a few) on a large reef system, then another boat anchoring a cast away (50m) would sh!t you to tears. It does me. In this situation, I reckon you have to give it at least 100m.

Another good one is those boats that come sniffing around you when you are anchored, just to steal your spot. Plenty of other good reef around, but Mr Clueless reckons you must know what you are doing. You might have had a burley trail going for 1-2 hours, and this clown with the motor running and sounder on undoes all your hard work. Then wonders why you are in such a bad foul mouthed mood!

Jeremy

Maybe they aren't stealing your spot? Maybe they already have that spot marked, and get there and find you there already?

BigE
15-12-2006, 12:53 PM
50lbs on a hi speed reel cast over em wind fast cut off there rigs an keep em ...... sorry mate my fault ...........saves on tackle as well

BigE

wayneoro
16-12-2006, 03:05 PM
good point tony but then its stiff titties get up earlier go find another spot cheers