PDA

View Full Version : Deep cycle battery advice needed

whichway
16-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi

Need a deep cycle battery for electric motor and camping lighting. Whats the best brand, and should I go lead acid or gel or something else. Don't really want to spend too much if that is possible.

Any idea where to get one in Brisbane?

Whichway

stevedemon
16-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi Whichway
mate if you are looking for some thing as a camp light i would be going seal gel battery as lest chance of sand getting in or spilling acid over the gear ask your local batteries boys they will help you as for where to go Bradman st arcica ridge the battery place there has batteries on special now

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

NAGG
16-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Whichway ..... what size leccy do you run ? When it comes to running leccys .... bigger is better ..... However you can pay a lot more ... for less power but better quality ::)
Me.... If you are running a 55lb minn kota ..... You can start with a 130amp Trojan (best wet cell)@ $250-300 then you could go to a 100amp Absorbed glass mat @ $350-$400 .... Which will last longer & is more robust (no acid) ........ Finally GEL($400+) ... but the jury is still out on the benefits over / above AGMs + they are susceptible to overcharging & really require a special charger.
Chargers are important ..... A 3 stage is best as these will not over charge... regardless of battery type
NAGG

Feral
17-12-2006, 06:43 AM
This is pretty handy

http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Battery_FAQ.htm