PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas for Reel Nauti!!!!

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
18-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Suzi and I went to check the crab pots Sunday morning. Beautiful day, tank full of juice, fresh bait, kids at home..............ahhhhh, this is going to be great. Unload at the ramp, and yep, you guessed it, motor wouldn't start. :-? The battery was a bit flat so I grabbed the pull cord to manually start it and the cord came away without the motor firing. >:(

The beautiful morning was turning to crap very bloody quickly! Put the boat back on the trailer and came home. It turns out that it was nothing terribly serious, but it got me wondering about the outboard. It is a 1990 40HP Evinrude which has never failed us and never let us down, but as I looked at it and pondered it was clear it was beginning to show the signs of age and lots of use. :(

Sue and I had our morning coffee leaning on the boat and discussing the reliability of the motor, and the fact that we often holiday on an island and depend so heavily on the outboard. The decision was made that the outboard, whilst still in fair condition was worth something as a tradein, but if we waited until the day came when it was well and truly buggered it would be worth nothing.

First thing this morning the new motor was ordered. It will be here Thursday and fitted Friday! 40 Yamaha horses, electric start, PTT, four stroke! :D

I feel like a real kid this Christmas!!!

Cheers all, and thank you my darling Suzi! :)

Dave

Deiter
19-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Reel Nauti, YEE HAAA!!!

Nothing like new toys to bring a smile to your dial ;D

I know you will have a VERY merry xmas.

Damo

DNO40
19-12-2006, 04:32 AM
Great Stuff Dave,

My that Suzi is good to you, I think you'll find the 40 4St will serve you well also.

Suzi, can you talk to Deb about xmas and the feeling of giving nice presents.

Congrats,

DNO

mitch_05
19-12-2006, 06:06 AM
so i guess you went back yesterday then??

now once you get the new motor you can finally check the pots.

INDULGENCE
19-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Hey Dave
You will have to look after Sue now.
Hope you, Sue and Gabi enjoy the xmas break.
We will have to catch up in 2007.
All the best

Wally and Ruth

ps: got Ruth one of those inflatable jackets for xmas so that when she gets the shits and jumps overboard at least she will float.

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
19-12-2006, 07:56 AM
I feel like a pig in poop! :D

DNO, if the Yammy is as kind to us as the Evinrude has been I will be more than happy. I'm sure Deb will look after you nicely for Christmas. ;)

Mitch - Fixed the problem and started running the pots again yesterday. ;D

The mechanic who assessed the motor for trade in found there was a bit of water in the gear oil, the pull start is buggered, but the compression was excellent in both cylinders. Not bad for a 16 year old engine that has never been rebuilt.

Wally - we hope you and your beautiful Ruth have a great Christmas. I hope she never gets to try out the inflatable jacket! ::) It would be terrific to catch up with you both sometime in 2007. If you let us know when are coming up I will try to organise a M @ G. ;D

Cheers all

Dave :)

FNQCairns
19-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Half your luck, enjoy!

cheers fnq