PDA

View Full Version : motor height?

breamking
23-12-2006, 10:14 PM
I have a stessel edgetraker 3.75 with a 2000 model 20hp mariner and need to know what should the cavitation plate on the motor be lined up with and positioned.?

Matt

Kerry
23-12-2006, 10:19 PM
About the bottom of the hull (proper) or there-a-bouts give or take an 1" depending?

finga64
24-12-2006, 07:12 AM
My 2000 model 3.75m Edgertracker is about 20mm above with the Honda (exactly the same when I had the Tohatsu on).
The sad part about the Edgetracker is to be able to do this you need about 75mm of packers on the transom.
I welded a 50mm packer and new plate where the motor screws onto and a removeable packer on top.
Try a 50mm packer first and this will get the cav plate about level with the bottom of the hull and as Kerry suggests, try going up or down from there. But you'll be going up #;)
For some reason the 2000 model Edgetracker has a really low transom height. I'd love to know what motor is supposed to go on them.
Why can't outboard makers make legs the same length?? ie all short shafts the same length etc
Are you finding that your Edgetracker is really hard to steer at full throttle Matt?
Gidday Kerry. #;)