PDA

View Full Version : Canoe Fitout Idea's

lachlan_judd
01-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Hey every1 im 16 just joined this site 2 chat 2 other ppl who LOVE fishin i live down in Vic round the gippsland lakes.
I just bought an old canoe from the tip 4 $20 dollars it need a bit of fixing up which im doing at the moment.
It is a wooden ply 5 m canoe which is joined together by fibreglass and epoxy. It looks like it has been done buy some1 who no's what they r doing. Anyway i was wondering if anyone has and idea on how i should go about fixing it. I have allready removed all the paint from the outside and old fibreglass which had plenty of holes in it and am thinking of just getting some of that fibreglass tape to run over the joins. Any ideas would be welcome .....
Once it is finished its going to be used in rivers round here 4 catching bream, bass, flathead adn perch hopefully i can get it finished by the end of the xmas holidays... Once i figure out how 2 get pics on here ill put a few on 2 show what it looks like!!!
thanx.....

gunnabuild1
01-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Mate if you run a search on home built boats stitch and glue you should find some useful tips.Also try HTTP://bateau2.com/content/section/5/28 should be a bit of info that you will find useful as well.Try selwayfisher canoes as well you might even be able to identify the canoe you've got.And after all that try
HTTP://www.duckworksmagazine.com/
Good Luck hope this has been some help.

StevenM
01-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Go here young fella

http://www.akff.net/forum/index.php