PDA

View Full Version : GS Marine - Xtreme Cuddy 5.0

wheelerdog
30-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Xtreme 5.0m cuddy cabin. Plate ali.

I am looking at them as an option at the moment as certain other plate boat builders have 6-8 month delivery. :o

Does anyone own one, know someone that does, care to make comment.

neighbour from darwin reckons they are the ducks nuts, but they are not as common out of the territory.

I will probably be powering with a 90hp suzi. they have some great looking options available.

hopefully get quote next week

saurian
30-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Wheeler , I think it could be a decent buy , check if it or your other plate boats you looked at have self draining decks. As this would be my only
stumbling block in regards to plate alloy or pressed alloy.
I think the extra cost of so called plate boats should at least include
the above.
The issue of warranty , well ask the questions that suit you.
I would have no problem owning one myself.
Ta.

Sportfish_5
30-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Id be more worried about a custom plate boat builder that didn't have a 6-8 month waiting list ::) 8-)

The GS look like a good boat for the NT chasin barra etc but they are made in China I believe ::) :o :o :o :o.

Shallow deadrise, good stability and good fishing set up for up the top in high tide flow areas and creeks etc. There was a guy here that had one built earlier this year but I don't remember his name (Peter I think) - use search and you should find it. It was a nice rig.

Cheers

Greg

wheelerdog
01-01-2007, 08:46 AM
thanks for that, i had heard the base hull was welded in china, then shipped to australia where transom etc is them assembled. they have 5 year warranty, i have sent a big list of questions for when they return after xmas break.

i was trying to find out how they will handle the nasty chop we get here in the Torres Strait all the time.

I have my heart set on a seafarer v sea but i'm exploring my option beofre parting with the bucks.

cheers

way_out_bush
01-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Wheelerdog, I own a gs marine extreme 4.8m tournament classic with 90hp suzuki... I am very happy with this boat. i do not know what they are like in "chop" i live inland. If i had purchased the 5 meter i would defiently put the 115 hp suzuki on. Best bet would be talk to gary quinn who owns gs marine, I found him very helpfull and informative. I would add at least 4 weeks to the delivery date you are told (transport can be difficult). They are a well finished and very solid boat. They do have a factory in china but you can specify you want an aussie made boat from the factory in darwin.

Hope this helps regards, Mick

wheelerdog
01-01-2007, 07:03 PM
thanks mick, i will give tehm a buzz over the next few days. there "fishing" options seem excellent.

stuart
01-01-2007, 08:49 PM
A question. How many of our Aussie alloy boat companies are getting their boats made in China and then shipped back here?. ::)

Stuart