PDA

View Full Version : Trophy 2052/2352 and Sea Pro

fish2relax
04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
hi all.
im after a new or <3yo boat to fish outwide off sydney/narooma and JB. ive been searching for a while now and its starting to drive me crazy. ive ruled out a few boats but on my shortlist is a seafarer voyager and maybe a 680 patriot.
however ive stumbled across a Trophy 2052 and 2352WA. i really like the idea of diesel stern drives. im not having much luck finding reviews on these boats. only one review in aus.
and all US reviews are done in lakes. lol
so does anybody have any 1st hand experience on one of these boats? have you owned/own or fished from one before? how do they handle the following seas ect.

also i look through the pickles website and stumbled across SEA PRO boats listed. (goto pickles.com.au then search under boats) further inspection shows that seapro boats is owned by the brunswick group which owns trophy ect. they look the same but in OB config. any body have or fished from one of these?
any help would be greatly appreciated
regards

Stubbie_Holder
04-01-2007, 06:49 PM
These boats come out of NW USA where there is some serious weather. (Washington State). I lived in California for a few years and these boats had a top class reputation for seaworthiness and build quality for the ocean as opposed to the Bayliners and SeaRay's that are meant for calmer days and lake work. I personally own a 680 Patriot and have a hard time finding fault with it, except that it might be a bit hard to get a used one as they don't come up for sale very often. ( I know because I looked for 6 months then bought new) I don't think you can go too far wrong with any of these boats, just check for trailer width as some of the US boats are wider than 2.5.

Best of Luck
Stubby Holder!

fish2relax
05-01-2007, 09:45 AM
thanks for that Stubbie Holder,
seems as though theres not alot of trophy owners about here in aus.
yes both boats are over sized 2052 =2.56m and 2352 =2.59m
looking on the rta website theres alot of roads you cant drive on on weekend and long weekends. :( particulary southern nsw.
i did know that you can only tow during sunup and sunset.
ill give the rta tech line a call to double check a couple of things.
thanks once again.

Smithy
05-01-2007, 02:10 PM
I think if you read between the lines of Warren Steptoe's various articles written on them, maybe not so good. Keep looking. Maybe find something old with a worn out petrol sterndrive then repower with a diesel?