PDA

View Full Version : Webster Twinfisher or Polycraft 455

lachlan_judd
06-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey everyone!!!
We are currently looking at a couple of boats the 4.3 webster twinfisher runabout or the polycraft 455 front runner have any off got opinions about either boat and what are the adv and disadvantages of them thanks and information would be helpful

rick_k
06-01-2007, 07:52 PM
do a search on each on this site

There was a thread where twinfishers were showing signs of severe rippling at the front of the tunnel. Maybe they were being driven even harder than the one pictured leaping off a wave in the Twinfisher ad.

saurian
07-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Fusher , I own a cat (not webster) and Think very highly of them in certain situations, ie; constantly choppy conditions, ability in bar work ,
but probably the standout is ther ability to enable a higher speed cruise over longer distances in relative comfort.
They are very stable , and have a large amount of space per length.
In the smaller sizes I would say that most of the advantages are still
there compared to similar sized craft , but not to the extent that some people claim.
The bit about websters rippling , the pictures I saw on the thread didn't look good. But I would not use that as a reason to not go the webster.
The polycraft in most conditions I think would outdo the webster,
being more of an all rounder , and of a size that can handle any conditions that a 4.3 webster can.
I am not sold on plastic boats , for the sole reason that you can't alter
them . Like weld new seats here or weld in a livebait tank later etc....
But they are very popular , I must admit I don't see many offshore but
then I don't see many websters either.
Your usage , inshore,rivers,dams ???? and on water conditions will have more of a bearing on your boat choice than pictures and rumours.
I would choose aluminium over plastic , but thats me .
Make sure you test drive each boat in similar conditions and setups
Before you give away your hard earned.
Ta.

Noelm
07-01-2007, 01:41 PM
two entirely different boats you are looking at there! the cat will almost certainly be far better than the Mono, but, also I would think quite a bit more expensive, you should perhaps look at similar craft, or, just go the cat.

lachlan_judd
07-01-2007, 01:43 PM
We are going to be fishing in the gippsland lake system and sometimes do close offshore work but we also want it small enough to be used for trolling in alpine lakes.