PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki 140hp 1999 model????

ozlongboarder
07-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi, my brother inlaw is looking at a Haines 540BR with a 140 Suzuki 1999 with 140 hours on clock. Does anyone have any experience with this motor? Looking for any info at all.

Cheers

Roughasguts
07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Suziki's are a good motor, in the older models 2 bangers from year 1995 I prefer them over Most any other brand.

They have a good ignition sytstem, no faults.
A good oil injection, no faults.
A solid cooling syetem with large gallerys, no faults.

And plenty of honest performance, probably go harder with less effort than other models of the same HP.

I would have no hesitation with one, in fact look for one, in preferance with an older boat package.

The newer 4 Banger ain't bad either.

ozlongboarder
08-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the info!

scorpion_CC
08-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi Oz,
I have a 99 model 200 suzuki. I think they only made them till 2000, what Rough said seems to be right. I have only about 155 hours on mine, pushing a older 625 cruisecraft, with no probs to date so far. However, mine is a carby job, so it eats a bit more fuel, but hey, I own the rig, so I don't really care. With the Suzy 2 stroke, they have a fine set of idle jets behind the carbies, and if you leave it sit to long for the fuel to evaporate, it can gum the jets up, and so will idle rough, and low, where it sometimes snuffs. Either drain the carbs or run it once a F/T or M. Apart from that, very pleased with mine ;)
Cheers