PDA

View Full Version : wan--s at Cams warf Lake Mac

1975fflh
08-01-2007, 02:48 PM
>:( some people are just rude I was trying to launch at the Raffety's ramp when this fool just pulled out and instead of pulling to the side decided to wash down whilst on the ramp, so I thought I will just use the other side its a bit tight but I will put up with it, when reversing down the wan--- just stood in the middle talking, Its a bit hard not to notice a big red ford with a 5.2m boat trying to get past you, he didnt move until i almost ran him down, then he moved a push bike in front of where i would obviously have to drive to, this guy is so frustrating and just didnt seem to know anyone else was there, there was four of them all talking and stuffing around I was not the only one there was a que to get in the water as well as to get out.

Then the next day this same guy decides to have a rest from sking in the middle of the resort channel between a pontoon and the dock, he eventually moved when two other boats and myself decided we would just go past him at speed, he then looked up at every one as if to say what did you do that for.

I normally would have said something but i was so cranky if he replied to me like a smart -ss i may have hit him and spoilt eberyones day.

the third day the guy was absent and all was shared and everyone helped each other as is noprmal at ramps.

Why do we breed such self centred idiots, this guy wasnt young nor did he seem inexperianced just a rude PR--K.

Maybe its because we dont stand up to them and they can do whatever they want with no consequences

FNQCairns
08-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Maybe its because we dont stand up to them and they can do whatever they want with no consequences

YES!!,
We are today conditioned to the point that if we even raise an eyebrow we are committing a rage event, today the average Joe is not allowed by law to look to expect basic rights for fear of becoming the victim at some level- under law that is.
This is a harp I know...but I prefered it 20 years ago, when a few chose words were commonplace to those (me many times for example) that deserved it and the sprayer didn't run the risk of the cops turning up at the door that night, was a much more civilised set of rules when all said and done IMO.

cheers fnq

gone_fishing
08-01-2007, 04:55 PM
this is such a commen problem at most popular ramps
should try pelican ramp as the line up goes 100m down the road
and people still cant get ready before they put the boat at the waters edge
should make ediquite part of the licence criterial
like stopping at a pedestrian crossing in a car
but allass 99% of poeple cant see past their nose and are to afraid to
all i can say "lord grant me patience BUT hurry!!!" :) :)