PDA

View Full Version : ANCHOR WINCH FITTED , PICS. GREAT WINCH

ribbit
09-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I guys, I just fitted a anchor winch to my boat and thought others might be interested. It is a drum winch very similar to the STRESSFREE but about $200-300 cheaper and has bearings instead of bushes.
I fitted it myslef and took about 4 hours to do one my own. Works quiet quickly and smoothly.
I have fitted onto a 10mm plate across the anchor well as it saves me pulling aaprt the well area to reinforce and also when I sell the boat in next year or so, I can remover and refit saving money.
The unit is made by John at Classic Marine in Dandenong and will set you back around $1600+ rope. Stress free are 1899 now. John has a couple of sizes. This is the small unit and we have fitted 65mtr of 8mm nylon + 4 mtrs 8mm chain. I could have fitted a bit more I think. The rope in the pics was laid on in garage and will lay better when I run it out and retrieve under load.
Johns number is 0408 509302 and tell him Peter F gave you his number

ribbit
09-01-2007, 08:29 PM
ANOTHER PIC, LOOKS HEAPS BETTER FRONT ON AS MOSTLY HIDDEN BY SPLASH COVERS. NOT PUT ON FOR LOOKS THOUGH, SAVING MY BACK IS BETTER THAN PRETTY LOOKING WINCH MOUNT....