PDA

View Full Version : Cruisecraft 575 explorer/outsider

rustymarlin
07-01-2007, 06:12 AM
I am looking at buying a new boat dose anybody have any experience with these boats good or bad and also how much difference the foam filled hull makes if you have one with that noise wise

Alan_L
07-01-2007, 04:13 PM
RM, I've got an Outsider 575 with a 150 E-Tec. Foam filled model and I'm really happy with it. It seemed a fair bit quieter than the non foam filled hull.

There isn't much I would change at all, except maybe move up to a 625.

Al

Blackened
07-01-2007, 04:38 PM
G'day

They're a great layout, very honest and capable boat.
Foam filling would only make the ride quieter,
Go for a water test and see for yourself

Dave

rustymarlin
08-01-2007, 02:01 PM
thanks anyone else got any info how much should i expect to pay with all the usual goodies and a 135 to 150 4 stroke.

marco
08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
you would expect to pay around the mid to high 60k of course depending on what you got it could go to mid 70k ( new prices) , i would recommend the extending targa top , spot lights , deck wash , anchor winch ( but that creates probelms with reef anchor rope storage ) , hydrolic steering , daul batteries and cabin lined with carpet.

engine wise if your going four stroke i would say to go max hp and get the 150 and have a look at the honda and suzuki , or i have been in alan's 575 with the 150 etec and that goes real hard but the outsider hull is a great planing hull so any of those engines will do it justice .( if your looking at the johno 4stk take into account it is a rebadged suzuki but with 3 years warranty as to suzukis 5 years )
as for the difference between the explorer and the outsider it is simply the trade off of cabin space for more cockpit space on the explorer .
if you need more advice alan L " post above " set one up mid last year and i got a 625 3 months ago .

i hope that helps
cheers
mark

maccaron
08-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi Rustym,
I had the 575 Explorer 2 yrs ago then upgraded to the 625 Expl. Yeah great boat for sure,even better now that they have added the transom door and foam filling since my model from 2004. I had a 130 yammie 2 st. went well but would go the 150 hpdi.I have the 175 hpdi on my 625 and gotta say that they are a great motor,fuel effic and quiet.
As mark stated you would have to go the targa top with rod holders,strongest that I've seen on any boat.Ran mine into a treebranch at the caravan park last year only a slight bend but took a fair old chunk out of the branch,hit it pretty hard to.Also get the hydro steeringas a must,just like power steering in the car.
All the best on your decision.
Ron.

maccaron
08-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi Rustym,
I had the 575 Explorer 2 yrs ago then upgraded to the 625 Expl. Yeah great boat for sure,even better now that they have added the transom door and foam filling since my model from 2004. I had a 130 yammie 2 st. went well but would go the 150 hpdi.I have the 175 hpdi on my 625 and gotta say that they are a great motor,fuel effic and quiet.
As mark stated you would have to go the targa top with rod holders,strongest that I've seen on any boat.Ran mine into a treebranch at the caravan park last year only a slight bend but took a fair old chunk out of the branch,hit it pretty hard to.Also get the hydro steeringas a must,just like power steering in the car.
All the best on your decision.
Ron.

Smithy
09-01-2007, 06:25 AM
There have been at least two Ausfishers go from fibreglass Cruise Crafts to plate alloy Fishers and loved them. I think that is saying something about Cruise Crafts when they prefered the ride of the alloy boats. Another bloke I know went from a Cruise Craft to an alloy Cairn Custom Craft cat centre console heaps smaller and never looked back as well.

marco
09-01-2007, 07:33 AM
hey smithy , could it be the cruise crafts with the rough ride your talking about are pre foam filled , ive only been in late model ones and i thought they ride well .

cheers
mark

Wyoming
09-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Smithy - the guys that went from CruiseCrafts to alloy were going bad and needed the cash. A retrogressive step.....

Smithy
09-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Dunno about that Wyoming. I am sure most old Ausfisho will know who I am talking about and their Fisher's were much more expensive than their Bruisecrafts.

Marco,

they might ride well but then what are you comparing them against? There are better.

Sportfish_5
09-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Smithy - the guys that went from CruiseCrafts to alloy were going bad and needed the cash. A retrogressive step.....

LMAO - yeah right ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

marco
09-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Marco,

they might ride well but then what are you comparing them against? There are better.

smithy , signatures is all i can compare to , but i think the cc rides and handles good . i am surprised as i would have thought a glass hull would always ride better than alloy . i must check these fishers out then
cheers
mark

Smithy
09-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Yep it isn't hype I am led to believe. No 34' Black Watch though.

troy
09-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Dunno about that Wyoming. #I am sure most old Ausfisho will know who I am talking about and their Fisher's were much more expensive than their Bruisecrafts.

Marco,

they might ride well but then what are you comparing them against? #There are better.
Cruise Craft is a Bruisecraft.
Interesting Mr Smitthy what is the other name for a Signature.
Or is your sarcastic comments because you own one.
Troy

Smithy
09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Troy what is the other name for a Signature? I call them bloody top of the tree for Australian made mass produced fibreglass trailerable monos. Tough call with a Seafarer as I may have alluded to in the past. I am sure blokes like Finding Time and GBC would back me up once again. Also the Fisher convert guys. I'll give you that a 685 CC is a great boat but then $$$$ wise and towing wise it is not going to be everyones cup of tea. As you well know Troy the 702 is an ex Burdekin boat. Served the old owner well. What have you NQ guys got against them? Similar concept with the hull shape as your locally made Dales.

Marco,

what are your comments on the Signatures? From what I can work out you have had some experience with the 540 and 575, two models I really like.

Alex9797
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey RM,

I,ve owned a 575 Outsider for about a year now and have been very happy with it. I'm not sure if foam filling changes the handling all that much as I would imagine hull design and trim would have a far greater effect. It would probably make the hull quieter though. I believe that all the new boats are foam filled so I guess that you won't have a lot of choice. Mine is a 2002 model which is pre foam.

I have a 150 EFI Merc on the back ( because having it on the front would be counterproductive :)) and think that this is a good match particularly if you carry heavy crews. My wife tends to get four stroke envy however, whenever she hears the lack of noise from other boats with hi tech 2strokes/4 strokes.

In terms of steering I have the non feedback variety and find it more than adequate.

The outsider has been good for us as the walkround makes it easy to anchor. The stability of these boats is outstanding. We have had three 110 kg plus blokes standing in the port stern ( ya know wot I mean ) and never felt at all at risk.

Happy Hunting and always happy to take you for a run if your in the brissie area.

Alex

Heath
09-01-2007, 10:04 PM
RM,

You'll be MORE than pleased with a CC 575 Outsider.

I absolutely love mine :-*

GBC
10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
G'day rustymarlin,

I put a few hundred hours on the hull you are asking about (575), along with 625 and 685 outsiders.

I would ask the question what type of fishing you do and what do you want the boat to do?

They are an honest enough hull that don't like being driven too fast in any sea. Bumpier in chop than some, not too broachy, but not afraid to bury the nose either - I'm talking the 5.5 hull here.

Fitout levels are generally above par, but the screws rattle out just like any other boat.

Very stable at rest with brilliant stern recovery if you fish heavy blokes at the stern at anchor - Anchor setup not brilliant.

There are better hulls for doing quick long distance outside work, but once you're where you want to be the layout is good, and they are well set up to fish out of.

Cruisey's ability to slow plane is great in heavy weather, and for towing high speeds - much better than the equivalent length sig/haines/seafarer hulls. Of course tabs change the equation again.

Been in a foamed and surveyed 625 and it was a bit quieter (they are all quiet), but the loss of side pockets imo was not worth it.

I liked mine for most things, just hated driving it across Moreton Bay because the fat bottommed girl would always spank back.

Hope this helps.

There are other similar threads you could check about 'the great debate'.

C.J.