PDA

View Full Version : Why is it?

holy_mackarel
03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
When your out at sea some boats when they see you have to change direction, line you up and pass as close as they can on full plain, when there's a whole wide blue yonder for us all to enjoy!

marlinqld
03-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Some mothers do have em........ ;) ::) :-?

roydsy
03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
probably the same reason people throw rubbish overboard.... they are knobs.

Roughasguts
03-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Yep notice this me self they line you up, the driver ducks out of site for a while then passes you down the wrong side.

Usually I have backed off to displacement speed, so I can see them lose there drinks when they cross me 3 foot wake.

Got me stuffed why they do it.

FNQCairns
03-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I know what you mean, sometimes when they hit the closest point to you they are also pressing the enter button on their GPS so they can check your spot at a later date.

Their are no secret fishing spots anymore just one's we have seen nobody else at while we have been fishing it.

cheers fnq

sempre
03-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Its called idiots that have no idea trying to snake your spot , its quite common around this part of the world !!!

Sam...

holy_mackarel
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I was out of the gold coast on the 27/12/06 & I recon a dozen plus boats done this including a charter boat called fun fishin very original name if your brain is the size of a peanut! the wake this joc-strap kicked up at me & my Lady was huge :o

Kiktz
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Bat,

Do as I do, feed it to'em. Off the goldy it is terrible.

stuart
03-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I have followed some back to the boat ramp to sort their irritating behavior out for them. That's one thing I cant and wont tolerate and that's being past at a great rate of knots while the knobs almost scrap the paint of the boat. I have also followed some of the clowns until right beside their boat, I mean gunnel rubber almost on gunnel rubber with fish bat in hand. .

Stu

cliffo
03-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Yep they are clowns.
I was once trolling about 7 mile out when a bloke who i saw come from at least another 5 miles further out
just got closer and closer and closer and then turns and goes accross my stern at about 25 kts straight across
all 3 lines. A Hundred bucks worth of lures thanks very much.
I chased this Phark Wit down and then he yells at me for going too slow >:( >:( >:(
Un-Freakin-Believable

Cliffo

stuart
03-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Cliffo

The d!ck head would be eating through a straw for the rest of his life.

Stu

Deiter
04-01-2007, 12:25 AM
that's the spirit ;)!!
If ppl thought they might cop a beating for being a tool, they may think twice about it.

A new revolution????

Damo

Roughasguts
04-01-2007, 08:48 AM
This had been going on for years, I remember 35 years ago as a kid in me old mans boat same thing, except worse.

Me old mans boat, 21 foot clinker, got rammed from behind by a 25 foot clinker, Both big solid timber boats by the same builder, bent our boarding ladder, then the other got the bow sprit of our boat in to his cabin window, after we up anchored.

Just got better when both over 6'2'" blokes went for it at the ramp.

nicko233
04-01-2007, 02:52 PM
idiots everywhere not good when the kids are in the boat,dropping rubbish gets my goat to.

gone_fishing
04-01-2007, 06:40 PM
just shows the short sightedness of poeple thinking it their right to do as they want
rude and inconsiderate
have been sprayed by skiers thinking its funny
guys running between me and the shore to push into a spot
and the worst even though on the breakwall 2 guys knife fighting over one cutting the others line for casting over him

holy_mackarel
04-01-2007, 07:57 PM
This has been goin on for ages as Roughasguts mentioned, obviously gone are the days of land marks, Welome every ####### with a GPS as FNQCAIANS has said. Its not too hard to look for structure or fish on your sounder is it!

Glenn_Woods
04-01-2007, 08:03 PM
I have had a VMR vessel towing another vessel change course directly at me and change again once passed. Best thing to do is keep one eye on the horizon, and when a boat is a mile or two from you, Pull anchor and motor and return when the threat has gone.
Anybody that does this sort of thing is an A-hole if you ask me.
I put alot of time and fuel to explore, Just for some low life to take. >:(

Woodsy

Shanoss
04-01-2007, 10:02 PM
I just head further out. It's funny, but people tend to keep to themselves the further offshore you go. I think that anyone fishing 55miles from land has to have some idea what they are doing out there and therefore is not overly keen on pinching marks.

HarryO
04-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Hi all.

I think its because the skipper wants to get close enough to you
to show off his new white and navy blue Mustang 3200 sports cruiser
he's had tied to his pontoon at Raby bay.

stuart
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Mustang 3200, what is that doing in a fishing area to Begin with, that's not even a fishing boat?

Stuart

HarryO
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Stuart.

When a couple of boats have dropped the pick on an
isolated but productive bit of rubble, and, with 100's of
sq kms of water around,
the mustang skipper, on his way to Tangas, alters
course to pass aft of our boats within 20-30 mtrs.

(Yikes! Panic retrieve the floaters!)

For what reason. Mark our spot, maybe?

Na, didn't look like a keen fisho.

I think he thought we would appreciate a closer squiz at his
new aquisition.

roydsy
10-01-2007, 02:26 PM
knife fight over fishing lines....lol what losers, now thats very American and un-Australian. We are becoming a very intolerant and short tempered nation. I am still surprised at the lack of brain cells of some people out on the water. Do they ever make it back onto land, lets hope not.