PDA

View Full Version : Seafarer V Cruisecraft

rustymarlin
13-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I am looking at buying a new boat and have looked at the cruise craft 575 explorer and outsider both very nice boats and well finished off also looked at the victory from seafarer also a very nice bit of gear has anybody had any experience with both boats .How do they compare

capt
14-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey Rusty, Both brands are solid builds and have large followings. I have a Viking, which I,m very happy with.
My next boat will be the Victory. Check out the deck area for fishing!
Hope this is a help, cheers Jimmy

Heath
14-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Agree with Jims comments in that both manufacturers have a big following.

I chose the Cruise Craft Explorer 600 over the equivalent Seafarer for a number of reasons.

Cockpit space, size of livewells and kill tank size. These 3 factors were important to us, for our fishing style.

Once you narrow it down, take them for a test run so you can be confident in your choice.

Chimo
14-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi Heath

Rusty could be confused reading your comments I think Capt was suggesting the seafarer now viking victory in the future.

Rusty
I have a seafarer vagabond which is the one up from the victory. Re your choice i reckon you need to clarify what your main uses will be, fishing both good, sleeping in, stnd victory has longer bunks than the stnd Vag not sure about the viking ask capt. Victory one motor 150 or 175 both good

CC 6.8 has good cabin good bunk length and as for the rest you need to check out the specs on the rest.

You are are into two well made boats no matter what you brand you end up with.

Cheers
Chimo

Angla
14-01-2007, 05:45 PM
I am pretty sure I looked at both but the hull weight was an issue if I remember correctly.

I went with the cruise craft and am still happy

Chris

finding_time
14-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Both are at the top of the tree as far a build quality goes and as Heath has stated the CC has a slightly better live wells but the seafarer are quite good as well, the real differance is in the hull design and a quick look at both hulls out of the water will comfirm this. The CC offer a very stable fishing platform at rest for a mono hull but to achieve this they HAVE sacraficed ride quality while ride quality of the Seafarer is imho far better but at rest it is more rolly.

If i was making the choice it would come down to where i fish, if my prefered fishing grounds were no more than 20nm offshore i would leen towards the CC as they are very nice to fish out of , but if i was generally fishing wide grounds and my travel times were over an hour then i would go the seafarer every time ( sorry troy) but they just ride that much better.

Ian