PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Concorde ??

Idletime
14-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi all,
I'm looking at a 2000 model with a 115hp Mercury, any feedback on the boat or motor, good or bad would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Idletime.

Chimo
14-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi Idletime

From your avatar one would guess near a big lake?

Have you had a look on boatpoint, there are a number of boats from 5 m to 9 m all with similar names. Which size / version are you talking about?

Also in the F & B 127 (last issue) a Bill Dennis did a write up of his 6.2 Pride President that he says was also sold as the Caribbean Commodore that looks similar to some of the Concordes too.

Makes it interesting?

Chimo

CROOZY
14-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi,
I had up untill recently a 1996 model I had it for 7 years. Fitted with a 140 yamaha.
I found it a great alround boat, Hull design alowed it to corner very fast without cavitation ( subject to motor fit up) or slipping, very good in a trailing sea and across the face. I had mine in 3meter sea with wind chop and still felt quite safe. The only down sides I recall were that it tended to porpise a bit if I was carrying a heavy load ( 6 adults and some gear). weight placement seemed to cruicial. The oil bottle and fuel filter were under the fixed cutting board on the rear starboard side and was very hard to get at, so I cut the board out and made a hatch to match the other side alowing better acsess. Apart from that I cant see that you would be disappointed with the hull....Good luck
Cheers Phil

Idletime
14-01-2007, 09:17 PM
CARIBBEAN CONCORDE
Specifications
Adult Capacity 6
Approx. Weight 630kg
Beam Max. 2.21m (7'3")
Beam Transom 1.98m (6'6")
Extra Long Shaft 25"
Deadrise 19°
Horsepower 60 - 140hp
Overall Lenth 5.46m (17'11")
Overall height 1.95m (6'5")

Chimo, Croozy,
Thank's for the quick replies, here are the details of the boat i'm looking at, it's in very good condition, but coming from way down south i know nothing about them, merc's on the other hand, well had a bit to do with smaller models, & as usual with anything, you look after it & it will look after you, i'm more curious about the performance of this combination as i'm hoping to use this rig offshore, e.g. south passage bar, moreton bay..

Squid Vicious
04-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Mate I got one but mines got a 5.7 volvo duoprop and it's a great boat it'll handle south passage and any thing the bay can throw at it 12 mile and the banks no prob common sence rules go for it :)

Gaz