PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a boat trailer

1975fflh
12-01-2007, 07:48 PM
:-?Hi

I have a brooker trailer about 18 months old and a 5.2 meter Coxcraft rumrunner the trailer came with the boat, it has 2 sets of those multi roller things on it.

The boat hardly ever goes on straight but on a trip back to Wollongong from Lake maquarie when i arrived home it was list badly not enought ot come off or anything but it doesnt seem to be set up quite right.

The stern sits above the centre roller and all the stern wieght is on the rear multi rollers.

IU also just purchased a set of EZguides from Supe- cheapp auto for $99.00 and was going to fity them but thought it is better to ask first.

can anyone help how and what do I do to set it up correctly and is it worth fitting the EZiguides?

To fit the ezyguides I will have to move the multi rollers up the trailer to the third crossbar.

Thanks

Gordon

Chimo
12-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi Gordon

Photos would be a help people could comment more effectively.

Also have you thought about seeing if there is an Ausfish person living close to you around Woolongong? if thats where you are, to allow some on the spot input?

Cheers

Chimo

seatime
12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
the rollers may be out of line and hitting a strake somewhere as the boat comes on.

every roller should be touching the hull and clear of any strakes.

difficult without the piccies.

1975fflh
13-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys

I will get some photos and check it out at the lake, I will let you know what happens but it wont be for about a week I have to go to Albury to watch the son play basketball, ( I hoped he would make the other team they play at Port Macquarie , better fishing))

griz066
14-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Found these threads that may help ;)

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1151805622/8#8

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1160996386/2#2

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1147255556/0#0

Roughasguts
14-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Gordon, you comming up to lake Macquarie, any time in the future, think I got weekends off at the moment.

Could either meet you at Summerland point ramp, or drop by my house and I could take a squiz. If the bolts aren't seized solid and about to break. We could make a few adjustment and drop it in to lake Munmorah. Theres a quiet ramp 400 metres down the road, and you have to drive past a bottle shop to get there.

But piccys would be a good start to see what were up against.
Then I can give you an idea if I could do anything with it.

fishingrod
14-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Ive found with my last boat and current boat that the weight distribution inside the boat can make a difference when recovering.

Ive got a aux motor on one side and i need to move my esky to the opposite side to help offset it. If you have dual batteries in one corner you may get a similar effect.

You may be able to move the multiroller cradles a bit outwards and fit the EZguides in the middle. Cant tell without pics though.

Another set of multirollers certianly wouldnt hurt with weight distribution. But they alone wont correct the problem you have. A couple of sets of #double keel roller assemblies might give better support too. Espec if your going to be doing a fair bit of long distance towing.

I recently bought a new Brooker 16/17HDT if it helps.

Rod

marlinqld
15-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Gordon, you comming up to lake Macquarie, any time in the future, think I got weekends off at the moment.

Theres a quiet ramp 400 metres down the road, and you have to drive past a bottle shop to get there.
But piccys would be a good start to see what were up against.
Then I can give you an idea if I could do anything with it.

What a stroke of sheer bloody bad luck roughasguts..having to go past a bottle shop on the way........................... dam damn damn........ ;D

Mike