PDA

View Full Version : Never again!

Jekyll
13-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Two weeks ago I dropped my 5m bowrider in to Nu-Marine at Cleveland as a result of an engine problem. Seems I sucked up about 20 litres of water last time I refuelled the boat.

So they strip the engine, drain the fuel tank, and start a 100hr service. Last Thursday I get told the boat will be ready that afternoon, then it'll be completed on Friday. Friday comes and Lord only knows when the boat will be ready ... hopefully before NEXT weekend.

So, for those of you in the Redlands area ..... what mechanic do YOU use? My engine is a 2002 Yamaha 70 2 stroke.

ozscott
13-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I get my engine (Yammy 115) serviced by Wondal Rd Marine at Wynnum - talk to Brian or one of his sons - family bus. Very good. Merc dealer. I used to get my Mercs serviced there also. They also build race engines so they know their stuff and are very reasonable.

Cheers

skippa
13-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Try Tony at Marine Worx
ph/fax 32064460
Redland Bay Rd
Capalaba ,
(actually up past Alex Hills on Redland Bay rd.)

Services my 115 Yammie ;)

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

5cougarsthanx
13-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi Jekyll,
Which servo did ya get the 20 litres of water from.It seems like a lot of water for one fill what size tank have you got.Just sounds a bit suss to me.I could imagine 200 mls but 20 litres sounds a bit over the top.I would question this with NU Marine.
Cheers
Cougarman

steveg1100
14-01-2007, 04:21 PM
I agree 20 litres of water is a lot of water are they sure its not saltwater you may have a bigger problem.

Kiktz
14-01-2007, 06:27 PM
WONDAL All day every day.

What else can you say, Family business, They care about you and your
boat. Not the cheapest but certainly not the dearest by a mile.

Made me sorry to buy a Suzi.....................

AJ

jonah
14-01-2007, 06:41 PM
I can sympathise with ya mate.

Recently bought my Southwind SF20 from a dealer and noticed tank already had approx 150 litres of fuel in it. Thought, thats a bonus?
Motor ran well at dealers on morning of pick-up, but when I got it home, I just couldn't get it going.
Took it to local yamaha dealer who advised tank contained at least 50% water.
After full drain, dry out etc and $500 later. All is now okay.
However we have no idea how water got in there.
Have had it on the water twice since anno further probs.
Can only assume, it is rainwater, deliberate sabotage or water in fuel from servo?

Hope yours works out okay.

Cheers....Mick

Jekyll
14-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I had the boat out a couple of weeks ago and she ran as sweet as a nut. Next day, put 50 litres of fuel in, launched at Victoria Point and only got 300 metres out from the boat ramp before the engine died.

Spoke to the servo about it, and he confirmed they had just had a delivery of fuel earlier in the day. Now a recent delivery CAN stir up any water that's in the underground tanks ... may have just been dead unlucky.

But I won't be getting fuel at Victoria Point ever again, that's for sure :)

5cougarsthanx
14-01-2007, 11:18 PM
The service stations are supposed to dip the tanks daily and check for fuel levels and water levels as well there is a product that they use on the end of the dip stick which changes color to show how much water is in the tank so that they can manage this problem.
Cheers
Cougarman

gotya
15-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Sooy to hear that Jekyll , I know what it's like. Ok, Which servo was it so i don't loose 100 litres of gogo juice. I value my $$$ and my motor. And yes i live at Victoria pt.
I picked up 90 litres from woolworths in my Disco last year and i guarantee it was at least 10 of water >:( >:( >:(

marlinqld
15-01-2007, 08:57 AM
I always get my petrol from the Caltex on redland bay Rd Capalaba....never seen a drop of water yet in the fuel..

Mike