PDA

View Full Version : 4 seasons boats

dunmears
16-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Has anyone had any experience with 4 season boats they seem to be a reasonable looking boat at a reasonable price. I was looking at the 5.4 cuddy cabin . I would appreciate any feedback as I'm looking at buying either a 4 Season or the Seascape alloy boat made by TABs ..

Crooked
17-01-2007, 07:56 PM
G'day Dunmears,
I think the 4 seasons boats are the same as the Stessco's. I posted a thread on here a while ago asking abou the Stessco 4.2 catcher, bit smaller than what your looking at. It also looks a solid boat with 3mm bottom good setup, heaps of ribs etc. The replies I got were mixed, a few were that they had good experiences with the boats, good ride etc.

Some said that they had looked over them and the welding was ordinary. I think I will still be going with the boat, I like the strength, V to the transom, simple setup. I had no posts that said the had one of these boats and it was terrible.

regarding the welding, when I looked over one I had to admit all the finished welds were not 100% pretty but they were strong. The hull also was not painted and you can really hide anything with paint. I'm not looking for a pretty boat so it's ok by me.
cheers, Evan