PDA

View Full Version : Speeding......... Who Cares!!!!!!!

Kiktz
16-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Well Where to start with this.........

Sunday morning the Mrs and I were heading for a fish outside.
As we were heading through the council chambers in the Nerang,
I have to say I was more than disgusted with the ammount of boats
that were creating serious wash / speeding through the 6kn zones
on the western siade of Cheveron Isl.

On this forum we hear alot about thte do's and dont re fishing and water saftey.
What upsets me about this is that all the boats (about 20 of'em) all seemed
to be in a comp. All wearing PFD's in like the what I would call the americian bass boats, to quinnies with false floors.
So to me all these boats owners/ drivers should
be sesponsible enough to know they are doing the right thing.
Yet they didn't give a toss. I just hope the event organisers are aware of this.

Aj

steveg1100
16-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I think its more important that the water police is aware of this might be able to set up a speed camera during the next comp and raise some revenue.

gone_fishing
16-01-2007, 03:34 PM
good call steveg1100
the law needs to make its quotas ;D ;D
but if this was a comp the oraganisers should be responsible for all laws and regulations being meet :) by the competetors simply disqaulifing them will sort them out :-/
but most people seem to speed how many times you see some one race up to a boat ramp :-?

Poseidon
16-01-2007, 07:22 PM
In Somerset they all seem to speed into and out of the 6 knot zone around Kirkleigh. Though it is clearly marked ' No Skiing' I have lost count of the number of people towing tubes.

Funny though, a friend of mine at work who is an avid skier was telling me that the water police where all over the area after Xmas, booking a few with the speed gun.

It won't happen overnight but it will happen.

Regards Cameron.

redspeckle
16-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Well Where to start with this.........

Sunday morning the Mrs and I were heading for a fish outside.
As we were heading through the council chambers in the Nerang,
I have to say I was more than disgusted with the amount of boats
that were creating serious wash / speeding through the 6kn zones
on the western side of Cheveron Isl.

On this forum we hear a lot about the do's and don't re fishing and water saftey.
What upsets me about this is that all the boats (about 20 of'em) all seemed
to be in a comp. All wearing PFD's in like the what I would call the American bass boats, to quinine's with false floors.
So to me all these boats owners/ drivers should
be responsible enough to know they are doing the right thing.
Yet they didn't give a toss. I just hope the event organizer's are aware of this.

Aj

I am led to believe was ABT Summer Series Bream Tournament on the Gold Coast organizer is Gary Fooks(Ausfish member)for this and maybe should talk him or pm about this issue above
Mitch ;)