PDA

View Full Version : Glenbawn Mother Bass :)

DaveW
19-06-2003, 07:33 PM
This lady of the lake was caught late last year from the timber at Glenbawn (nothing too specific ;D)

Absolutely belted a 3" Black/Red Fleck Slider, wrapped me around plenty of tree tops too :o

Finally came to the boat and gave me the shock of my life - 51cm to the fork of the tail, and my new personal best ;D ;D ;D

Goes to show just how good 6lb Fireline is, and the 13lb Siglon leader came back with hardly damage.

Cheers,

Dave

Brett_Finger
20-06-2003, 03:49 AM
Nice Fish Mate !
i was up a creek chaseing jacks in the fresh on a "River Somewhere" #::) and on my first cast i got nailed,thinking #i had a good jack on i put the wood to the fish and you could have knocked me over with a straw when this bloody big bass comes up next to the boat !
it too went 51 fork,and was a lean fish, from compeating along with the jacks and bream up the top i suppose.
the fish took a Tillson barra in the "Fingerling" desighn on a GL2 665 and 30lb Boinic Braid,the bloody thing went like a jack #!!
it was the first Bass i had caught and was impressed with their fighting capabilities. #:o
once again mate, a nice fish you have there wish mine had a bit of weight to it.
Hookin,Brett #:)