PDA

View Full Version : Eungella Barra

staggy
27-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Here is a shot of Darren with a healthy little barra he caught this morning at Eungella.

It's a good thing im so good lookin Darren or your eyes would look the same as mine in the Teemburra shot you gave me ten for. You should have seen the ugly bugger who took my pic.

Staggy

corza85
27-10-2003, 04:58 PM
thats a nice healthy looking barra mate. did u measure it.. if so how big was he/she (cant let my g/f see me just saying he or she i had to put em both in)

cheers...................corza

sooty
27-10-2003, 05:05 PM
Nice one THE SHIRT I mean. Who do I have to sleep ith to get a shirt like that ?.
Oh the fish was OK too ;D

staggy
28-10-2003, 08:03 AM
G-day corza,
I think the barra was around the 68 to 69cm mark. I also boated a 68cm fish and my young feller landed a 66cm and lost beside the boat another around the 60 to 65 cm.

staggy

DRJ
29-10-2003, 05:55 AM
G'Day Sooty

I had to sleep with the enemy to aquire the shirt - it was worth it though because I managed to get 2 of them.

Corza - Staggy was doing the usual fishing story thing and stretching my fish for me (thanks Staggy). I only went 640 - still a shock when you are looking for sooties though.

Darren

corza85
29-10-2003, 11:55 AM
what a great mate ...... most of my fishing budies tell it the other way and say that my fish was smaller than it actually was.

cheers..............corza

Neil_c
29-10-2003, 03:36 PM
They sure are great fish you guys [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] and you certainly earned em, the wind on Sunday morning was bloody terrible :( We tried to get out but going backwards was a bit of a worry so we piked out and went back to camp for some bacon and eggs instead :)

Neil

sooty
29-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Hi MAFSA mates, have given the cane carting away and am back working in town so can now hopefully get involved with the group again.
Will try to get to the hatchery on sunday and Teemb the next weekend See Ya Kev

:)

DRJ
30-10-2003, 05:37 AM
Hi Kev

Good to see you back in the land of the living. I am sure we will find someone who is prepared to teach you how to tie knots and cast again!!!!

On sunday we can show you how to mix, cart, pour and finish off concrete.

Hey Neil where is the photo of the the fly caught sleepy?

Darren
Darren

Neil_c
30-10-2003, 02:25 PM
You know I don't just show my Cods to anybody ;D

I've had Murray here before, now meet Sleepy. :)

It'll be good to see ya there Kev, the more the merrier. You can even use my shovel [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Neil_c
30-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Darren had a pretty good weekend all round, he caught this little Sooty on the first fly tied by himself. :)

The chooks around the district had better watch out now :)

Neil

sooty
30-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Just remembered that sunday is Sleep-in day and I have had my concreting training at the Teemburra fishway, at about the same temps as now. :P

If I dont sleep-in I will bring me own shovel Neil, It has no handle but should be OK for me to use ;D

Darren, now we have another bloke who fishes with a handline on a stick and even catches fish. guess I will have to get some training in and join the chook chuckers ::)
See Ya sunday Kev