PDA

View Full Version : Poppered Barra

Manson
08-12-2003, 09:19 AM
How is everyone? Not a big fish, but it is my first Barra on a popper ;D, have lost count of how many I have caught on fly, softies and hardbodies. I just though I would share.

Neil_c
09-12-2003, 04:02 AM
Nice fish Manson :) I have a mate and his Dad coming up from Brissy this weekend to fish Teemburra and Eungella. Hopefully we can get his Dad his first Barra. I think we'll have to get the poppers out now ;D that would give him a Barra to remember :o

Neil :)

big_george
09-12-2003, 06:07 AM
Nice fish.
yet to open my account on barra with fly.Must take it out next time i fish.What style of popper did the barra take.???
Hi Neil.
Hope you get on to some barra.Let us know how you get on.
cheers george.

Manson
09-12-2003, 01:05 PM
I can honestly say I have found something else I just have to do more often now. I am pretty sue youse might get into a barra or two in Teemburra. We found they fired up on the poppers in amongst the timbers real arly in the morning on the poppers, after about nine they went deeper in the water column. I got them on an old beat up popper I used to chug along for big trevors years ago, am now going to have a go at some big Bills Bugs and stuff. Should get interesting up at Faust if they like them ;D.

big_george
09-12-2003, 04:47 PM
The 75mm bills fuzzbug worked a treat in faust.preformed better than the reliable 90mm skitter pop.no.colour preformed better than the other.
cheers george.

basserman
20-12-2003, 03:31 PM
one of the best barra popper to man
Scum Frog a truly ugly lure but 100% weedless and can even be cast onto snags

hooks come out of the top and is made of plastic so nice and soft to the bite have used them up a darwin with a huge succese rate
also good for bass in it's smaller form