PDA

View Full Version : PB Barra for the Missus

Manson
01-02-2004, 01:41 PM
I finally conned the missus into getting up early and coming out for a morning session, good thing I think. She has caught a lot of barra over the years but none of any size, I think she was pleased with it.

Neil_c
01-02-2004, 05:20 PM
That's what Teemburra is all about :) have the weeds grown down to the waters edge or has the level come up a tad??

Give it time and that 71 will get beaten :D

Neil :)

Manson
02-02-2004, 04:12 AM
The weed has thickened up around the edges a little, we just worked the edges for cruisers. Water level is now about 8 inches above the nd of the ramp, water is clean as a sheet of glad wrap. I hope it will get beaten, if work and looking after the littlens and me ;D will let her.

staggy
03-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Nice fish Manson. I ended up getting an hour or so on the water Sat arvo (should have stayed home to sleep). The banks we fished had weed out to about 3mts from the edge. Poppers were the go. 4 hook ups but no fish landed. Took a bloke out who had never fished for impoundment barra. I think he's hooked and he will be back.

Hey Neil if ya read this I will get in touch with you and Darren some time over the weekend about the catch sheets. Thats if Im not fixing round things again. Job was cancelled so Iv come home for the night but off again tomorrow for a few days.

Staggy

Neil_c
03-02-2004, 05:35 PM
I was hoping to get an evening popper session sometime this week but with this weather I'm not so sure :-/ If we do get some decent rain it should mean A- some breeding Sooties for the hatchery and B- some higher water levels in the dams. Lets hope :D

Could be busy on the weekend, fishin out bush :-X we'll see what happens ;D

big_george
08-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Nice fish. :o
Great shot.Even better on a surface lure.How much rain have you had.What rod and reel were using.
Neil.Aren't you in NZ yet, ;D
cheers george. ;)

Neil_c
09-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Mate, just can't drag myself away from the dams yet ;D

Manson
09-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Hi George, She was using a 6kg BWS Struddie spin stick fitted with a spinfocus reel made buy Tica fishing 14# Fireline.

Mackay itself has had a bit of rain but up at Teemburra doesn't seem to have had alot, was there today and it has only risen about a foot.