PDA

View Full Version : Poppin for bass

Fitzy
23-01-2004, 09:02 PM
One of tonights efforts. Took a camera & actually used it for a change. Randall with a mid 40s Brisbane River bass taken on a popper. Good fun!
http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy/gallery/images/87.jpg

Fitzy..

basserman
30-01-2004, 04:51 PM
tell me fitzy is there any better way to fish other than poppering?

be it fro bass or bream day or night all i know is that adrnilan rush you get when they hit the lure and turn the water white is what keeps me coming back
even after all the lost lures and broken rods ;)

Fitzy
30-01-2004, 06:16 PM
unProbably my favourite sort of fishing. On pitch black nights you cant see a thing, you hear a strike & say to your mate "was that you or me" then someones line takes off.
We had a couple of tail walking bass & forkies the other night. Hooking them in shallow water they leap clear of the water running for the deep stuff or cover.
Its great fun!!

Fitzy..

basserman
30-01-2004, 06:32 PM
nah i accualy think bass hit harder when they can't see ( hell they can't see i can bearly see my nose )
me and a mate went down to glenbourn last feb fished the dam wall at night couldn't see a thing got a few nice bass and even the sivers were hitting them
but it just felt good when you heard a splash and not clunk! ;D

tryed bream poppering at night with out a hit! so bugger than only the bass now

Fitzy
31-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Hit a few lakes fairly regularly at night for surface bass. Have had over 100 fish nights for the boat. Not always that good tho.
Some nights its vegemite & others its caviar, but you can nearly always get a few at the better spots.
With some flow coming into most lakes in my area the surface fishing should only get better as the rising waters level out.

Fitzy..

basserman
31-01-2004, 06:06 PM
getting up erliy tomorow and going to give the bream a moring call with the poppers i will try to get some pics
but next week i'v already got a trip up to the maclay river to hit the bass
we have had some good rain in the last few week too so it shoud of helper clear up a few nice snags

skguides
20-02-2004, 04:21 AM
I think topwater fishing for bass is probably the most exciting way to fish. We catch a lot of bass at night on poppers, buzzbaits, and tournament Frogs.

Jack_Lives_Here
21-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Hi my names Dave and it's been 1 week since my last bass on the top - i have the shakes big time. ;D

Got 5 early morning fish down at Maroon last week on fizzers - I'm hooked. Heading back down maybe this weekend to give the surface fly a go.

Fitzy
21-02-2004, 09:06 PM
I'ts great fun. Have been doing well at my local river recently but went out last night & came home skunked. Only 2 short strikes for the night. Bloody hot & humid! water temp was 30 degrees Celcius (that's 90F in your lingo SK) & even the catfish were sulking. A beatuful night all the same however. Water was glassed out & the only sounds were the drop bears hunting for kanagroos & wallabies in the scrub. Also heard one yowie on the prowl as well. #;)

Dave, I was out Maroon last weekend & was a bit late & missed most of the best bite time. Blew the impellor on the OB & had bugger all battery charge for the leccy. Got a few but had to work for them. Getting the donk serviced on Monday & will be out at Maroon for a night sess this week some time.

Fitzy..

Cloud_9
29-03-2004, 01:23 PM
been going to maroon for months late on sunday arvos to miss the ski wankers, but yet to score a surface bass, but i think the next time i will cum up trumps.

Cheers Cloud 9