PDA

View Full Version : More Big Barra digis for Dicko....

Randall
03-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Hope you see these Dicko. I have grabbed these images from the video. You have a spot in it getting this neaderthal back to the boat. Grabbed frames from digital footage does`nt transfer too clearly but it gives you the general idea.

BTW....the Big Barra DVD is about 70% complete. Its turning out to be a movie...1.5hrs so far.

Hope you like reminissing about Faust.

RG

Randall
03-04-2004, 01:33 PM

Mad_Barry
04-04-2004, 08:28 AM
yeah mate, I found them #;D

I haven't seen a pic like that of the Fat Arsed Bitch with a barra on board. Makes a change from the regular style pics of taking them yourself from in the boat.

That one had me all but done, under a submerged tree. The hooks from the rear of the lure hanging from her mouth must have been buried in the timber about 3m down. I couldn't pull her out & she couldn't get away. We were stalemated for a few minutes. # Plenty of time for Dale to come over with the camera. The top of the tree above the water was wobbling as the fish was trying to free it itself. In the end she tore the rear treble out of the lure, (which saved me a swim down to get her off #;D). She was pretty buggered & came to the boat easily after that. #

Thanks for that, my casting arm is twitchy already. #8)

Book me in for a copy when it's all done

Randall
04-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Dicko, you have about a 60sec slot in the vid....would have been longer but there was too many swear words uttered getting that fish!! :o

I`ll shoot you up a copy when it`s ready for release.

Glad you likerd the images.

RG

Mad_Barry
05-04-2004, 11:07 AM
oooops :-X, sorry Randall, next time I'll carry a cake of soap in the tackle box, ready for when you's point the camera 8)

I could make up for it by helping out with some sub titles ;D

"Oh Golly Gosh, the fiesty old girl has gone under a tree"

"Darn it, she's still stuck"

"Isn't that interesting, the whole tree is wobbling"

"Wow, isn't she in a stubborn mood "

"Isn't this fun, now she want to swim around the boat for a look at the scenery"

"Excuse me fellow angler, can you please get the net a little closer"

"She's a little tired, maybe we should hurry with the photo's"

P.S. Actually, just thinking about it, maybe it was a rub off of the language I over heard coming from you & Bomber, when dropping a big girl just up from us during one of the afternoons :o :o ;D

Chris.Y
05-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Bad langauge at Faust ???
Don't know what your talkin about Randall ;)

Dicko, is that green tackle box the one you donated to the faust barra gods :-X

Cheers
Chris

Mad_Barry
05-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Yeah that's it Chris #:-X

But there was an interesting update to that, I posted it here a while back.

About 2 or 3 mths later, a local landowner (Charlie Faust) was wandering the edge of the lake checking his cows & found it drifting/wallowing just under the surface in shallow water of one of the bays.

He rang my mate, from info in the wallet & they arranged it's safe return to Townsville, after of course negotiating a suitable reward of using some money from the wallet to buy himself a carton of his chosen brew #8)

Pretty well all the gear was in great condition, after the mud was washed off, except the mobile, which now sits up the back of the cupboard & has the number 1800 STUFFED.

Ya just never know whats around the corner. #8)

You's heading up this year ?

Chris.Y
05-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Yeh, me & Blommy will be back
Havn't set any firm dates for the trip yet but hope to do teemburra on the way (just havn't told blommy yet)
Don't know how to vote these pics yet cos Dale - aka, Ausybasser, Dances with flathead, Dances with barra, Dances with shags took em, his head will get even BIGGER :o ::)
Good to hear you got your tackle box back. Those fish don't like to keep anything for too long.
Hope to see ya there ;D
Cheers Chris

Randall
06-04-2004, 03:36 AM
Dicko.....a classic reply ole son!!! Very funny!! Actually, I should make an "R" rated version. I have heaps of footage with expletives, ;D

Chris....Bomber and I will be back at Faust this year but we are going up in Sept, not Oct. Sept is the "goin orfffff" month up there when the Barra are waking up from a winter slumber and they usually go off their tits about spring time.

Randall.

big_george
06-04-2004, 03:56 AM
Randall.
booking accomidation tonight.
Will let you know when we plan to hit brisvagus and gold coast.
Big george.

Randall
06-04-2004, 04:22 AM
Biggun....will be back in Brisvegus Sunday, will ring you and tee up a Seaway bash for you and Blisters.

RG