PDA

View Full Version : Somerset Bass

John_D
09-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi all,
I thought I might share a few photo's from my last trip to Somerset with my friend wayne. The fishing was tough even Jackel's were not doing the trick, we ended up getting our fish on spinnerbait Venom silver Shad and Crawdad Gold.
The first one is a 48 to the fork, I am glad my ugly mug is not in the shot. Anyway enjoy the photo's.

Tight Lines

John D

John_D
09-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Her's the second, he only had eyes for the bait!

Gorilla_in_Manila
09-05-2004, 08:48 AM
Welcome John,
Nice fish and good photos.
Pretty high tech looking spinner baits you got there.
Cheers
Jeff

John_D
09-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi Jeff,
Thank's for the feedback, the camera did all the work. The spinnerbaits are called "Venom", and to be honest I am a bit one sided about them, that is because I actually make them. I am very proud of what I have created, and they work well to boot. I have attached another photo of my PB at Somerset, 53cm to the fork and what a fight! He fell victim to a Crawdad Gold as well, he was a bit stressed after the fight, so a quick photo on the bank and then back in the water. Anyway enjoy the photo, and hope to hear from you soon.

Tight Lines

John D

BlitzBaga
09-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Hows it going John??

Nice fish indeed. Is that the colour of Waynes new boat?

Cheers
Murray

John_D
10-05-2004, 06:21 AM
Hi Murray,
Long time since we have heard from you, I hope everything is well at home and you are doing alot of fishing. The boat above is actually Dexters, the photo up the top is Waynes. It is black with a red pearl finish and is very well decked out, two Fishmark 320 sounders, GPS, trip computer everything but microwave and TV, which I am sure Cassie has asked for! ;D. So what is new with you, we have not seen you at the stessyl latley, it would be good to see you there. Anyway I had better go my misses wants to use the phone to ring her mum.

Here from you soon.

John D

BlitzBaga
10-05-2004, 08:42 AM
John

I've been doing a bit of fishing but not as much as I'd like. The Stessl comps have unfortunately clashed with work (what a pain) I might look at fishing at least 1 round if I can. Have they opened another catagory for the kids, last I had heard is Mitchell would have to fish as an adult because he is 12.

Catch you later
Murray

John_D
10-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi Murray,
From what I know there is sub juniors then juniors (which Casie is fishing in), and there is a decked out boat for both juniors and seniors. It is pretty tight at the moment in both juniors and seniors. Dexter is doing really well he placed fifth in both comps so far, I got a fourth in the first comp then bombed out in the second (chose the wrong place to fish oh well!). Paul Cade' s non boater won the second comp using our spinnerbaits and Wayne got third. Well if you do come out in one of the comp's it would be good to see you (bugger work off).

Hope you had a good weekend.

John D