PDA

View Full Version : tongariro brown

Neil_c
31-05-2004, 03:00 PM
The Tongariro River has had a fresh and the Brown Trout are running. This beauty weighed 8 1/4lb and had too be chased from one pool, down a set of rapids and landed in the next pool :o Sometimes things just pan out coz I thought it was gone for sure ::)

Neil :)

el_carpo
31-05-2004, 06:44 PM
;D...Finally! A fish I recognize! ;D We catch them in Lake Michigan! What did you get him on? In the early spring, while the water is cool, we catch them from shore. We use spoons or cranks-baits, or large minnows with a drop shot rig. They are great fighters! That's a nice fish. Congratulations!

The biggest one I ever caught was about 8 inches ;D Had a nice one follow this spring but it missed the spoon and swam away. :P I saw a picture of one caught by a guy in a boat that was near forty pounds :o I couldn't believe my eyes!

It was nice to see a fish I know on an Australian fishing site! Thanks for posting it and again, congratulations on a great catch Niel C!

staggy
31-05-2004, 07:28 PM
G-day Neal,
ORSM fish mate :o. nothin like a bit of a cross country jog to keep you warm while playin the beast in.
Keep the pics coming

Staggy

big_george
01-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Nice fush neil. :o
80mm green Koolabung I presume. :-X
Looks cold bud.3degrease here in dudvagus as I type.Gotta move to FNQ.
BG.

Neil_c
01-06-2004, 02:17 AM
It is fly only on this New Zealand river El-Carpo, got him on a brown woolly bugger. The locals recon you can tell a Brown by the way they swim upstream when hooked, this one didn't read the script :D

Staggy - I was steaming up by the time I landed it mate. I buggered up my digi camera - doesn't like water apparantly ??? - will have to take Sal out more often now, she won't let me take itwith me.......I dunno why ::)

BG - No, not the koolabung this time but I was thinking of using one of our ubeaut spinnerbaits but I recon the locals would string me up ;D

Neil :)

el_carpo
02-06-2004, 02:01 AM
........"this one didn't read the script "......

;D They never do! ;D ;D ;D Well, you landed him anyway, so that counts for double! Good job! Look at the bright side, you got some extra exercise! That's what my brother told me after I chased my hat (which blew off my head) for about a block and a half on a fishing trip we took last year. ;D