PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't wait!

el_carpo
30-04-2004, 05:20 AM
Hello everyone. #I wanted to wait until I went fishing this year to post pictures but I don't seem to be able to get out EVER. #Here are some pictures of my brothers and I and the fish we caught last year: #I hope it works! #This first one is of my brother Chuck with a nice Fox River Smallmouth Bass.

el_carpo
30-04-2004, 05:23 AM
Here's another: This is me with my first and ONLY :'( coho salmon from Lake Michigan.

el_carpo
30-04-2004, 05:25 AM
And another.... ;D El carpo (me) with a baby carp. Boy did I ever get kidded about this one!

el_carpo
30-04-2004, 05:27 AM
still more... My little brother Mike with a very nice smallmouth bass caught from Lake Michigan. Windy day! :o

el_carpo
30-04-2004, 05:29 AM
you guessed it...more.... Ahhh! This is more like it. My eldest brother Steve with a 15 pound King salmon. Fall fishing at its finest!!! What a fighter!

el_carpo
30-04-2004, 05:34 AM
again, more...My brother holding a really big rainbow trout (also known as steelhead) and me holding two perch. You guys have rainbows over there too right? How does this one hold up to yours? Are yours usually bigger or about the same? Boy was that a great fight to watch! Those perch taste better than mana from Heaven by the way.MMMMMM! :)

el_carpo
30-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Last one! Me holding a white bass I caught at Tampier Lake. My brother found that lure only moments before (Red and white spinner) I won't mention the company name. Don't know if that is allowed or frowned upon. It was meant to be! ;D I hadn't caught anything until I tied that lure on.

el_carpo
30-04-2004, 05:46 AM
Well, that's it for now. I hope I posted my pictures correctly. I had to scan the photos because I hadn't had access to a digital camera until just recently. I hope you all enjoy seeing what we catch over here. I hope to make many more posts with pictures in the upcoming year. If I did something wrong, please help. I have never posted pictures on the internet before and am ususally pretty awful at all things computer. :P If they did work, please let me know what you think. Well, until next time, Good luck and good fishing everyone!

El Carpo (and his brothers :D)

Ben@Tamworth
30-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Nice salmon!!

That white bass looks a bit like our Aussie Bass!

agnes_jack
30-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Good stuff El-carpo!
Great to see some of your pics!
That carp you are holding is about the size I feed to my pet Jack lol
That rainbow would be a good size even in Aus. ;D ;D ;D

Regards, Tony

P.S. do you fish the salt water over there?

bugman
30-04-2004, 08:11 AM
El Carpo,

Those of us that fish for trout in Aus can only dream of catching Rainbows that big. Only place you'd get them is privately stocked dams and fishing compounds - not wild rivers.

NZ may be another option. Bloody great fish.

Bugman

el_carpo
30-04-2004, 11:40 AM
No, Tony, I've never fished in the ocean. I want to try it some day but as of yet, no. Seeing some of the ocean species you folks catch REALLY makes me want to give it a go someday though. The size and variety of your fishery just astounds me every time I look at the photos you guys post. Also, yes, that sure was one tiny carp. I wanted to set it free before my brothers saw it but didn't quite make it. They insisted on a picture to remember the occasion. I've suffered mightily let me tell you! ;D Some of those carp get to be nearly 40-50 pounds in Lake Michigan. It's quite a sight to see them hovering about the docks at that size.

Ben78, I agree. I've looked at some of the bass pictures posted at this board and I thought that they were quite similar in shape to our white bass.

Bugman, I'll pass on your kind words to my brother. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of hearing them. He caught it while fishing for perch. Needless to say, his gear wasn't exactly meant to handle a fish of that size. It took a long time to get him ashore. He's quite a fisherman. We were all proud of him and happy he managed to land it. :)

Thanks for the kind words again. Like I said, I'll try to post more in the future. Lots more species to show you.

'Til next time! GLGF

E.C.

Fitzy
30-04-2004, 03:57 PM
That white bass looks a bit like our Aussie Bass!
Was thinking the same thing......

Nice fish Carpo.

fitzy..

basserman
30-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Was thinking the same thing......

Nice fish Carpo.

fitzy..

well i'm glad i wasn't the only one thinking it ether! ;D

el_carpo
30-05-2004, 05:02 AM
Maria (Ben),

Here is the post with the pictures I mentioned. I'll do my best to get more fishing pictures up soon. My stupid schedule is driving me crazy. :P It has been since March! I'm going through serious fishing withdrawal symptoms!

thisbig
02-06-2004, 06:11 PM
hang in there when you do finaly go fishing the world will seem normal for that short time even if your brothers catch all the fish.mine do i have five of the mongrels.nice fish in the photos.

el_carpo
02-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Yes, I know what you mean, thisbig. The world only makes sense to me when I'm out there goin' at 'em. :) Thanks for the pep talk, I need it! Seriously, if I don't go fishing soon----BOOM! ;D As far as the brothers catching them all, you've got that right! :P They are very good, that's for sure. Especially Chuck (second eldest, I'm third). That guy could give St. Peter and Jesus a run for their money! He takes crazy risks to catch fish. He once climbed out on the tree limbs jutting out from a sheer rock face and fished hanging there! He looked like "Gollum" from "Lord of the Rings." ;D I admit I'm crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy! Ah well, I'll get out there soon. One way or another, I'll MAKE time if I have to. I will post the pics too unless I get skunked! ::)

By the way, getting "skunked" is a term we use to describe catching nothing.

lordy
03-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Last one! #Me holding a white bass I caught at Tampier Lake. #My brother found that lure only moments before (Red and white spinner) #I won't mention the company name. #Don't know if that is allowed or frowned upon. #It was meant to be! ;D #I hadn't caught anything until I tied that lure on.

Nah, we all pretty casual about dropping a name or two around here. No one is going to complain unless you start writing advertisments for the products. ;D

el_carpo
03-06-2004, 11:26 PM
O.K. then, it was a Rooster Tail in-line spinner. Others that I often use are Mepps and Panther Martin. The Mepps Black and yellow aglia with a squirrel hair trail is absolutely deadly on the Smallmouth bass in the Fox river. I think that is what Chuck was using when he got that big one out of the North ###### dam. Do you guys know of these companies over there? I imagine there are plenty of great Australian lure companies that can supply you with anything that you would need already.

Thanks for clearing that up for me lordy. I didn't want to offend the site owners by naming brands who aren't sponsers. I am not affiliated with any lure company or anything but still, I didn't want to break a rule and or get anyone angry. I'll name a brand now but I won't start posting advertisements for them. If they want publicity, they can become a sponser. Thanks again for clearing up a bit of awkwardness for me lordy.