PDA

View Full Version : Fishing culverts in kakadu

Jewmaster
25-07-2004, 03:08 PM
A trip my fiancee and I took to kakadu fishing the culverts for barra we knew we wouldn't be likely to get a huge barra but the small bara are fun a and she is learing to cast a batcaster.

This is the culvert at the South Aligator

Jewmaster
25-07-2004, 03:10 PM
The wetlands next to the culvert full of noisy honking magpie goose. must have put the fish off as we didn;t catch one and you can normally catch alot of small barra of this culvert.

Jewmaster
25-07-2004, 03:12 PM
Fishing at the culverts near nourlangie rock, no fish, nice area to fish in.

Jewmaster
25-07-2004, 03:13 PM
First barra for my missus to be

Jewmaster
25-07-2004, 03:15 PM
The culvert where her first fish was caught

Jewmaster
25-07-2004, 03:18 PM
View from the road at the culvert

agnes_jack
26-07-2004, 05:56 AM
Jew master
Looks like some beautiful country around there! Would be great fun catching those little barra in that type of country. Nice stuff!

Regards, Tony :D

Jewmaster
26-07-2004, 06:15 AM
It is a good way to spend the weekend, normally spend the night at the gadagju hotel (crocodile hotel) and drive home the next day.

agnes_jack
26-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Half ya luck
Within a days drive of that sort of country, awsome!
Might come up and visit ya one day..........mate! ;D ;D

Regards, Tony :D

stacer_seagull
29-07-2004, 10:48 AM
jewmaster, ever tried fishing the culverts between shadycamp turn of and the south, have seen some very nice fish come out of them,another one to try during the wet is the first creek after corroboree tavern, i think it is scott creek. i have pulled a 65 out of it and alot of smaller ones, great fun.... but still got watch for the handbags thou...
cheers Brad

vortfu
29-07-2004, 11:18 AM
nice country ???? nice wife to be ;D ;D ;D :-X

vort-fu

Jewmaster
29-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the extra spots brad, we mainly fish down the highway that the vistior centre is on close to jabiru you turn of the main highway. Sorry for not knowing the names, couple of Km;s down about the 4th culvert we have caugth some nice barra, watched the locals use livebait and land very good sized barra. I've also caught a small croc about 1m here and managed to get my large DOA prawn lure back but it was a mess.

And vortfu, It took me too long to work that out. Only asked a couple of months ago and asked in the mouth of the adelaide river just after she had missed a large jewfish. Was going to wait untill she caught a big fish, but couldn't wait. Hopefully to live fishing happily ever after