PDA

View Full Version : More Redfin Pics

Julie_J
02-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Took the boat (& Hubby) out for a spin on Burrendong Friday. Lovely day on the water after a cool start, as can be seen by the beenie.

Fishing was very quiet, total of 3 fish, 1 big carp & 2 reddies. This one I caught after we stopped to pack up our trolling gear. While hubby was putting the lines away I thought I might bob a plastic for a few minutes. On the first drop this 40cm female hit the lure before I even threw the bail arm over. She fought unusually well for a redfin as they sometimes don't fight at all. Good to see the reddies reaching a decent size after putting up with schools of small fish for so long.

philip_thomson
02-08-2004, 11:11 AM
well done thats a nice fish there. good to hear you enjoyed yourself.

cheers philip

big_george
02-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Nice fish jules..
Did you get it on the Tiuta 4kg spin ??????.
cheers george.

bc
02-08-2004, 03:58 PM
BG, the TIUTA 4kg spin stick must be an awesome casting rod.
What sort of distance would you estimate with Fireline and a 3/4 ounce jig head ???

Julie, good looking fish in good nick, well done ;D
Why is it you consistantley out fish the old fella, he takes it out on us you know ;) ;D

Julie_J
03-08-2004, 04:54 AM
BG, Actually I caught it on a 4kg Bass Rod made by a well known rod builder (Big George) and I thought you were the only one who uses the Famous TIUTA.

BC, Just one of many days I have out fished him. Come to think of it, it happens every time!!! ;D ;D ;D

big_george
03-08-2004, 05:52 AM
Julie.
I'd leave him behind(hubby).Then again ,he's good for a tall yarn o ra driver. :o :o.
IUTA series are for who ever wants one.Building one for the local guru Paul Mcnaught now.he came around last night to talk over custom rod fact. :o :o :o.
BC.
Andy K at work talked of casting one of thoes 3/4oz jigs 75meters. on the 4kg stick.Then again he was speacial.
BG. ;)