PDA

View Full Version : POPEYE!!

FlyRod
30-10-2004, 11:13 AM
I was fishing in Peter Faust at night and hooked a big Barra right at the boat on a popper and after one big jump and head shake it sent the popper staight back at me hitting me in the face :o(see photo)This is a timely reminder that crimping barbs may lose you a few fish but the hook that embedded into my ckeek came straight out and I only had a small hole instead of having to cut a big one!!The use of a pair of clear safety glasses at night is standard issue when tackling Barra on poppers in my boat now,I am very lucky to not to have copped it in the eye!!I was out on my own and it was night and on the other side of the dam.I was VERY LUCKY!! 8)

el_carpo
31-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Sorry you got wounded Flyrod. Glad it wasn't worse. That's a good reminder you gave to take care. I know I will from now on. :o Thanks.

E.C.

DRJ
02-11-2004, 03:47 AM
Maaate

That is one ugly dial....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good hint on the glasses even at night.

Regards
Darren

Quinny69
04-11-2004, 06:25 AM
Stick wiff the flies, only 1 hook to worry about. MQ

FlyRod
04-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks Darren ,I was once a chick magnet ;) ::)but now aparently a lure magnet and even they wont stick!!!! :(
;D ;D ;D

setthehook
07-11-2004, 03:11 PM
the worste is when the lure gets ya and is barb in and stuck but the fish is jumping around on the other set of trebles ouch ouch ouch ouch......