PDA

View Full Version : Monduran barra

staggy
18-11-2004, 06:52 AM
G-day everyone. Just spent a couple of days at Monduran and had some fun trying to extract some of the local bullies out of the timber. Four landed fish with the smallest two around the 550 mark. Three big girls jumped off in the sticks and two others landed. Best one a wisker over the mtr mark and the other at 950 on the dot. Met some great people and had a good time. Jacky and John who run the show are very helpfull and can give you some handy info on best spots to try, lures ect. As usual I HAD TO HAVE some new lures to try out on the trip. And as usual I caught the fish on lures I already had . When will I ever learn. Big fish were caught every day we were there and everyone had there own favorite place, time and lure. We were the only ones out after dark and thats when we found the most fish because around 7 to 8pm the barra started to go nuts and boof bait in different areas of the dam. We just sat in a likly looking bay and listened and after deciding were the most action was happening we would cruze over and blind cast in the dark. Seemed a little crazy at first but payed off with a nice fish landed and two more droped. We returned at daylight to work the same area and again we nailed fish also loosing a horse in the shallows. We will be back.

Stagy

staggy
18-11-2004, 06:54 AM
Night time mayhem.

Staggy

Wild_Side
18-11-2004, 01:17 PM
they look well feed mate.

Foxie
18-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey Staggy,
Could you please email those photos through to us at the office at Lake Monduran so we can put them on the brag board

Cheers Foxie.
PS hope your missis liked her new nighty

staggy
18-11-2004, 06:40 PM
G-day foxie, the pics are on the way. And yes the little missus liked the nighty mate. Im not sure if she thinks I got it for her or for the BASSMUNDI pic on it.
Thanks again for you help. Id also like to thank Dave and his dad Cliff for letting me in on a couple of SPOT X's. I caught up with Dave at Awonga on our way home and he had also managed some great fish. We chucked a few lures untill smoko time with BJ droping a small barra before hitting the road back to Mackay.
C YA
Staggy

Neil_c
19-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Top Barra Staggy :)

It was good to catch up at Teemburra the other arvo. It sounds like the holiday has gone well so far, keep us posted on how the rest of it pans out.

Just for the record Fitzy.......I even saw Staggy #;D SMILE ;D

Neil :)

FlyRod
19-11-2004, 11:38 AM
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Great Fish Stag man.Fish like those make the trip hey,man that night time one has a huge tail I bet she gave you some stick!!! :o
Good on ya mate well done
When are you hitting Faust?
Rod