PDA

View Full Version : Night time bass

setthehook
12-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Wow what a day! it was so hot i could hear the bass rising from home hehehe! couldnt resist going for a drive out to my favourite bass location for some action in the heat. #Shame i had nobody to fish with as it was a blast of an arvo! On arrival i could spot up too 20 rises per second!! i knew i was in for some fun. I finished up with 14 bass and had the time of my life. Here is a pic of the one of the better sized fish for the night.

Was spinning surface lures in the dark on 1kg line. Had to use a crap rod and reel i bougth for my kids as i blew up my graphite 1kg rod the other night #But with the drag nice and loose it did the job.
Cheers guys
Rob.

setthehook
12-10-2004, 06:09 PM
hmmm try again with the pic ???

leeroy_6
14-10-2004, 06:38 AM
Just curious Set...Do you eat any of the bass you get? and if so, what are they like on the chew.... ???

Lee

setthehook
14-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Gday mate
No i dont eat my bass, i let em all go to catch another day! Never killed a bass before. Besides im sure there would be better tasting fish! ;D

setthehook
07-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Well i went for another bass fish last night, managed 4 bass and lost 1 so was a great evening.Didnt weigh or measure this fish just took a photo and released him.

Dazway
12-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Nothing bets a good night bass fish. My mate went out a couple of weeks ago and clocked up 15 solid bass within 200m each way of his launch site. Bloody thing is that I was working and received plenty of photo on the mobile just to rub it in.