PDA

View Full Version : Hinze dam trip

Cloud_9
28-11-2005, 06:45 PM
;D
had a good turnout with the clubday .
my first attempt at a Bass trip and managed 15 fisherman and women.
we fished from about 5:30 am till 12pm.
and approxamatly 30 fish were caught with the best 42cm on fly.
i had a equal best 36cm on a Jackall with fellow club member useing a small hard body.
there where a few funny moments with people almost falling from boats and another member in my boat snapping the top 6" from a custom spin rod , now has a custom Flathead jig stik.
a lot of wayward casts to the back paddock.
my best fish bricked me in the timber and after quite a few minites i managed to brake the stick off and get the fish and my lure back.
the front trebble in the fish and the back trebble in the tree.
the fish would have been there for a while if i had of snapped the line. must take a tackle back next trip.
its Tuna and Spots time next trip probably saturday the 3rd.

Cheers Cloud 9

Franco
28-11-2005, 10:07 PM
That's a beautiful photo Jamie. Great colours.
As usual couldn't make the club trip due to shiftwork. Catch ya at the Xmas dinner hopefully.
Isn't it great when you break a rod so that it becomes great for another species!!
My Loomis GL3 baitcaster barra rod recently turned into an awesome jack trolling rod!

28-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Nice report cloudy. Did all your club members fish up the one arm or did yah spread out? And just casting to the banks I assume .. ?

barraboy2
28-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Franco check out G Loomis' expedite warranty it costs $130.00 to replace the rod know matter how it was broken. But if the rod breaks due to a manufacturing fault do not expect a replacement warranty as I found out the hard way and the only warranty that I was offered >:(was the expedite warranty.
G-Loomis has had my rod for over a year now and I am still waiting for the rod to be returned to me. I have not excepted the expedited warranty when the rod broke due to what I believe to be a manufacturing fault.

Cloud_9
29-11-2005, 05:49 AM
Franko.
when im i going to see a capture sheet,or can you go to our site and fill in the ones there?
you've been getting some orsome fish lately. while the fish that are caught a long way away aren't able to be fish of the month. ( have to be within a 100k's )
there have been fish good enough to take out trophy's for next years diner.
and the species badge. just send as a few emails with pics you must have a 10 or twenty dew if you get some pics to me.
Jamie.
Cloud 9

flattymattyb
29-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Hi Jamie,

Was a good morning, will be doing a few more trips up there this summer on those windy days! Trip chasing spotties sounds like the go they sound like they have made there way down the goldy now, we got a few spotties and schoolies up the northern bay about 3 weeks ago now, have a little patch of reef we found them holding on last year down here that gets alot less pressure than palmy etc so will be giving that a bash first. Bring on some good weather.

Cheers
Matty