PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Bassin Weather

scroman
16-12-2005, 12:47 PM
On the water at 4.20am to glassy water mild temp no breeze. Have not chased the bass for a few weeks so thought it was time to try some new lures and new pockets of water. Bought a surface walker and had him in the water at dawn towing behind the electric at 2knts against a grass bank. Serenity lasted exactly 20secs before it got hammered. Bass of 41cm over the side of the boat. Number 1 at 5.10am and still quite dark. Next thought was I must get a few of these ;D
Another 6 fell to various surface lures, poppers walkers etc. Once the sky lightened the went a little quiet - next step was to try a couple of rmg 1m divers. Picked off another even half dozen. Tried dropping some little livies under some nasty fallen trees for a further 14. Trolled home and cast surface poppers on the way for another 3. Total 29 bass between 45cm and 29cm. All released and heading for home at 8.30am. 4 fish coming after 6.50am :-X
Gotta love these warm still mornings of summer ;)

scroman
16-12-2005, 12:50 PM
new walker lure (new for me anyway) pretty sure they have been around for awhile - 'just a little slow up here in them hills ::)

scroman
16-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Line looped across a fine branch of lantana left the popper bobbing on the surface - this guy must of near wet himself as he dragged the branch in as well - I know i nearly did

keen_as_mustard
16-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Troy,

I thought I asked you to leave me some??? ;D

I've never tried for Bass before - you sure make it look easy - can't wait to get down there.

Marty

flickflack
16-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Troy

Top effort mate, dont you know that people with bruises on their arse should stay at home.

greyfox
17-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Must have been a great morning on the bass Scroman. I've had the odd morning like that (but smaller fish) on Somerset. You didn't mention a location? :-? :-?