PDA

View Full Version : Pointyfish at Monduran

Pointyfish
21-01-2006, 04:03 PM
While visiting the parents a chrissy I managed to steal their tinnie for a night and shot off to Monduran by myself for my first crack at an impoundment barra. Got there just on dark , launched the boat and shot off down the dam with plans to troll into the night. Well I didn't check the nav lights and now it was to late so I anchored in a bay that had channel running into it with timber along the shore line and camped on the boat for the night ( lucky I had my camping gear onboard ). Casted fizzers and every other lures I could find in my tackle box for hours but couldn't get a hit.
At first light started trolling the mouth of a feeder and managed this 98cm barra but after that couldn't get another hit. Tried casting in the timber but with only the two stroke I think I spooked every thing and was only spoiling things for every one else so I called it a day.
Sad to see some big barra floating out in the main basin. Think people need to have their camera, pliers, measuring roll etc ready to minimise the time they have their fish out of the water. If you don't have your gear ready hold the fish in the water in the net until you are.
Anyway for the minimal time I was there and the fact I had no impoundment experience I was happy with the results ( another 2cm would have been alright though).

Cheers Battye

darryl_l
21-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Pointyfish,

Don't be greedy, ::) for a first time impoundment fish and having only a small time of actual fishing I think you have done very well. :) Besides it is the perfect excuse to gear up and do it all again ;D

Darryl L

Pointyfish
21-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I won't need much of an excuse. Might invested in an electric for next time though.

Big_unit
22-01-2006, 07:45 AM
I agree with Daryl thats a stonker for your first attempt, thats a beautiful fish mate.

Cheers
James

staggy
22-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Great first impoundment barra mate. Monduran is where I landed my first mtr fish.
staggy