PDA

View Full Version : Early morning BASS

flickflack
25-01-2006, 12:22 PM
HI All

I was persuaded to go for an early morning bass fishing session this morning by my mate Paul. I thought that the start would be a bit early for me mid week with the restaurant still fairly busy but the thought of toppy catching bass without me was too much so I was in. Jumped out of bed and threw the gear to race down to spot x hoping that I would be there before toppy caught a few but on arrival there was no sign of anyone, so I waited for a while but when the light started to show I grabbed my gear and made my way down to the creek. I made a few casts with a small diving minnow without success and decided to try a surface lure. On the second cast there was a big swirl behind the lure and I kept walking it. Another swirl and then a third big splash and I was hooked up.
As i gently lifted the fish out the water after a good tussle Toppy arrived. Just in time to snap off a few pics. He then went up to his car to fetch his gear. I couldnt wait and flicked the lure out again. Crunch the surface Buster dissapeared in another splash. Bass number two ;D ;D
Toppy came down and started casting but we had no more action after trying several different spots. Back in bed by 6:30 for a quick snooze before work. Thanks Paul for the invite guess you wont sleep in again ;)
Its amazing how nice the creeks are at that time of the morning , makes me want to spend every morning fishing :)IF ONLY.

Regards Roderick

flickflack
25-01-2006, 12:24 PM
another pic, the fish were caught on one of the new E- Grell spin Rods, still cant get over how well they cast.

Herby13
25-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Nice fish mate, wat time is that in the morning? it looks early! :D

flickflack
25-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Herby

It was about 430, just starting to get light.

john_steward
25-01-2006, 06:17 PM
rod,
some nice bass there, nothing better than getting a payoff for our insane habits. and back in bed before the masses alarms even go off.

scotty
25-01-2006, 06:17 PM
mnice stuff there mate are the bass stocked or wild bass

Louis
25-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Nice fish

Well done

Louis

flickflack
25-01-2006, 08:08 PM
THey are wild bass

scotty
25-01-2006, 08:34 PM
ohh ok u have a nice spot there tjhen good stuff

scotty
25-01-2006, 08:34 PM
ohh ok u have a nice spot there tjhen good stuff

flickflack
25-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Going West

Yeah mate it is a nice little creek , unfortunately it doesnt hold many fish but is normally good for a few early ones .

Cheers Rod.

LCC
27-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Good on you Rod, you can't be sleeping when there is fish to catch. Hope all is well
I got your text about the gold bomber, who would of thought that would work?

Stephen

Have attached the pic of the bass I was telling you about on the downunder deep diver, trolling
Wivenhoe

Toppy
27-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey Flick flack, you know I only slept in to give you a head start. Looks like it back fired on me this time though. Well if I can't catch them I'm just as happy tacking the pics, netting the fish, guiding you to my favourite little creeks, making the coffee, re tieing your leaders, shit..... no wonder I'm not catching as many fish! ;)
Its all good fun mate.
cheers
Toppy

flickflack
28-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Toppy

Yup coffee was a bit sweet this time try to put a bit less sugar in next time ;) ;)

Good luck with the bream comp Sunday mate.

C ya Rod