PDA

View Full Version : Awoonga 24th and 25th

Jeremy87
28-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Went up to awoonga for a fish with A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE for a couple of days. Great experience i was really impressed by the power of these fish. John put us onto a good patch of fish. Matty managed to crack the tonne with a 111cm fish i however blew my chance at a metrey not able to set the hooks before the fish jumped (to my defence i don't think i would have been able to recover the slack even if i was using a tss4) oh well next time. We got all our fish casting which was an added bonus. Anyway big thanks to John for taking us out, i really recommend him for anyone who wants to get into some serious barra.

Jeremy87
28-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Me with an average sized fish

mackmauler
28-01-2006, 08:54 PM
nice fish jeremy, that looks the way to do it with someone whos local big chunk of water ay.

Jeremy87
28-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Theres alot of water between fish. If you had a week maybe, 2 days forget about it. Hows the repairs coming along? Have the parts shown up yet.

wheezer
29-01-2006, 08:03 AM
good stuff! Glad to see someone got amongst them. just got back from spending 26th and 27th there with fellow ausfisher Trevor (Awoonga) will go down as my worst trip ever, not even a bump! The wind on thursday was so bad Trev said it's the worst conditions he's seen in 5 years!

TonyM
29-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Well done Jeremy, as you said local knowledge sure can help fishing a new waterway, and it seems frequently the Barra behave quite differently from one impoundment to another.

Sorry to hear you missed out wheezer - was great to catch up with Trevor and meet you guys.

Dan and myself only managed 1 fish each (rats), sure had to work for them. As long as the weather settles a bit I'll hopefully be back up there monday night along with Al for another slog at them.

wheezer
30-01-2006, 08:25 AM
likewise Tony, was great to put names to faces! got an email from Trev this morning looks like this wind will blow until middle of next week. If you are open to trolling fish are still being caught although a long time between drinks for them as well.

TonyM
30-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Bummer about the wind :(

Tried trolling for the Barra at Kinchant although found it very difficult to stay awake! :-/ (although lack of sleep could have had something to do with that) :D

If we come back up I s'pose we'd better give it a shot as it's better than missing out I guess.

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
17-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks Jeremy,
That pic of yourself seems like you have been snow skiing for 3 yrs with the sunburnt face and the white rings around your eyes. Matt who wagged school has probably got detention by now, but I'm sure he is not worried with the smile that he's got in his pic.
His bust off on that piece of heavy timber looks good on film. I still crack up when I watch it. And the section where you 2 look to be both fighting the same fish is pretty funny also.
Thanks for the kind words mate, and thanks for coming fishing and enjoying an Awoonga Experience.
Regards,
Johnny M

## Matt in action!